Discuss service fuse rating in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Quick question for some advice if possible?
Obviously the main service fuse type and rating needs to be written up on an EIC, but what to do when there's absolutely no info on the service head?! Almost no doubt it'll be a 1361, but obviously can't just guess the rating, so cut-and-pull, or what? (don't really want to wait an eternity for some DNO drone to be bothered to answer the phone!). Thanks in advance for any advice people!

thanks for the advice guys; I think for the sake of completion (of the EIC), cut and pull is the way to go. By the way, anybody got any comments on this pic? The previous Seeboard guy (from documentation back in '95) has marken this down as a TNC-S supply, when surely this is a TN-S? Any chance I might have mis-interpreted it? (main earth goes straight back to C/U)IMAG0120.jpg

haven't got to testing yet, was just a bit flumoxed by the apparent 'wrongness' of the previous docs! Figured human error might've played a part in what was written down (documentation far less in depth in '95; one page of A5 'tests'! No PFC's, Zs's etc.), and it seems if the wiring colours were ok, that's all you needed to really worry about!)

Further to the above, installation tested, with the following results:

Ze:0.22 ohms
PEFC: 1.059 KA
PSCC: 1.152 KA

However! With the main earth disconnected at the CU, there still appears to be a (admittedly fairly poor) connection between the CU earth bar and the earth clamp point on the supply cable! Anyone got any ideas, 'cos this escapes me at the mo! (and by the way, the cutout fuse 'fell out' during testing, so at least I know it's rating now :wink5:)

Reply to service fuse rating in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net