Discuss Should I take the cable for Virgin into property or keep it external in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

robo83

-
Reaction score
Hi,

I am partially though job and the cable for virgin is coiled up outside the property (its the twin cable, i maybe mistaken but it looks like RG6 and 2 pair phone). I am at the position where i can bring this into the house and take directly to the living room.

Am i best to do this or leave it external, I will be taking my phone and data points from the living room TV area where ill take the virgin cable so it works best if i locate it there?

Hi Rpa07,

I expect its not active, the property has been demolished and a new/partially new build is up.

Am i also correct saying that i can bring my slave phone points from the virgin outlet.. I have a 35mm back box ready for it, i have never worked with virgin before.

You can fit Euro modules to take care of all the media needs - may be worth a double back box (dual) in case you can incorporate Media, telephone and Internet but all according to set up and what you have.

What happens if they want BT or Sky there will be no connection between the two I would take a telephone cable between the two main intakes.

In my experience I found that Virgin inatallers will work with you provided that you do not make thier installation job harder for them. I ducted underground in 40mm waste pipe from their house front termination box, along to where I wanted to position the outlet in the living room. I provided a drawer sting as I laid and burried the duct. Installed a back box and drilled throught the cavity wall into the back of the box for Virgin to install their flush fit internal temination (a normal termination that if you take the spacer off becomes flush fit capable). They drew the twin cable through all of the ducting, pushed it through the cavity wall and into the back of the back box without objection. All up and working with a neat finish and no cables to see.

Reply to Should I take the cable for Virgin into property or keep it external in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net