Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Spudnik

Right chaps,

Due to a few unavoidable issues, we have lost the original thread and pics etc.

Sorry about that!!!

So, if you want to re-upload your pics then great, if not, give us something new!

Cheers!!

Ill repost some of mine..

From this..

**Show Us Your Installs!!!** {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

To this...

Kitchen...

Using this..

To do these..

just a few holes!

Mine's still a work in progress, but it is as follows:

From this nasty piece of Wooden/Bakerlite BS 3036 CU (broken in many places)...

**Show Us Your Installs!!!** 2011-06-28 17.57.50 - EletriciansForums.net**Show Us Your Installs!!!** 2011-06-28 17.57.39 - EletriciansForums.net

To this...

**Show Us Your Installs!!!** 2011-07-09 22.29.59 - EletriciansForums.net

It's out of date, is this last photo as the circuits are labelled and there are labels all over the CU enclosure. There's even plastic conduit into the side of the CU for some sockets supplied via the under-stairs cupboard.

Now there's an RCBO for each circuit and the lounge's sockets are Radial on their own circuit and the lounge lights are on their own circuit too (for the moment). There are also data points in the lounge with CAT 5e cabling.

It's also nice to be able to lock off the Power using the 100A rotary isolator.

I shall add updated photos later. (thought I had newer ones)

Edit: here's the current situation, still a work in progress, but it's nice to be slowly getting there - the slowest re-wire ever (well, apart from that one where the woman is still in the hotel and the guy is taking another 8 weeks...)

**Show Us Your Installs!!!** 04 - EletriciansForums.net**Show Us Your Installs!!!** 01 - EletriciansForums.net**Show Us Your Installs!!!** 02 - EletriciansForums.net

Then the Network cables come down here, ready for the patch panel or the switch...

**Show Us Your Installs!!!** 03 - EletriciansForums.net

Si

Last edited:
A sea side arcade needed protection for a cable feeding a kiddies roundabout machine

Of course this isn't my work but the owner knowed about it before I left! Where about in the regs does it say that its ok to use garden hose to provide mechanical protection to a children's fare ground ride?

I couldn't make my mind up on which earthing arrangement it should be so i went for both with the option to add a rod if needed?

Before, None of the meters were connected to the correct properties hence sorting out the bills was interesting- you can see the previous electrician had tried to make it look good on the earthing & bonding only to hide a load of dodgy connections:
**Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0330 - EletriciansForums.net**Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0331 - EletriciansForums.net

Concealing a few nasties :

**Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0337 - EletriciansForums.net**Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0338 - EletriciansForums.net**Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0347 - EletriciansForums.net**Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0348 - EletriciansForums.net**Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0349 - EletriciansForums.net

During:

**Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0350 - EletriciansForums.net**Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0352 - EletriciansForums.net**Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0353 - EletriciansForums.net

After:

**Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0354 - EletriciansForums.net

This was a days work (in association with EDF of course) and a full one at that! more of a prep job than anything else, you can see the loose SWA this is the second of five to be connected at a future date as the individual sub-mains are all upgraded to SWA.

Attachments

• **Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0332 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0332.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,016
  • **Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0336 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0336.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 953
  • **Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0339 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0339.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 874
  • **Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0351 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0351.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 830
  • **Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0355 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0355.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 800
  • **Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_0356 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0356.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 748
**Show Us Your Installs!!!** cable tray - EletriciansForums.net

From a commercial job i worked on with a small gang of sparks couple year back. Bottom tray had power including all sub mains and t&e power & lighting circuits. Middle rack all Data cat 5 cables and top was for fire/security low voltage cables. This was done to the entire perimeter of building and interlinked to at places, Certain points like this was adjusted to allow heating and ventillation pipes and ductwork through. There must have been miles and miles of metal and then cable once that was laid on this fairly large scale job. There's not many of these sized jobs around my area now for sure! :(

Big round of applause for the person responsible for 'loosing' this thread!!! Clap-CLAP!!

I have an album on here. I can post more photos if anyone wants to see more of what I turn out:

part270579's Album: Electrical

I would like to see the standard of installs raised across the board.

Well, here you go. Both of these bits of tray are one piece excluding the flange in No.2:

Well isn't it a good idea to use the right cable ties in the right conditions? No wonder yours snap lol:24:

What SuperSpark23 meant to say was "wow! Guys your installs are amazing and I think the cable tray above is just out of this world!!!:wub: Can I call you daddy??"

And another bit of tray, hand bent lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock