Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

**Show Us Your Installs!!!** {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I must say I was quite surprised by this MK unit.

My customer supplied this from B&Q for £65inc vat and CB's!!!

Went away from installing them due to poor quality and everything being cheap.
That being said its the most room I've ever had I a amendment 3 unit.
Only down side is the breakers (made in China) are loose on the din rail. That can be sorted with a strip of insulation tape on the fun rail too and bottom though.... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very neat although it would appear its a high integrity board with 2 unprotected ways maked on the N bar, I take it the main switch is to be moved over and another busbar added although it won't make much difference if not but shame to waste the future option.

Yes that is a red plug Dave.. Give the apprentice one job and he messes it up lol.
I agree with you dark wood I should have.
Although this was a DB change from a main switch board in a one bed rental flat. There's no need for any future unprotected circuits.

**Show Us Your Installs!!!** {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I must say I was quite surprised by this MK unit.

My customer supplied this from B&Q for £65inc vat and CB's!!!

Went away from installing them due to poor quality and everything being cheap.
That being said its the most room I've ever had I a amendment 3 unit.
Only down side is the breakers (made in China) are loose on the din rail. That can be sorted with a strip of insulation tape on the fun rail too and bottom though.... Lol

nice, ive got a plastic mk board on the van.

anyone want the breakers? i need to check but it came with some rcbo's, mcb's etc

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

nice, ive got a plastic mk board on the van.

anyone want the breakers? i need to check but it came with some rcbo's, mcb's etc

I'd keep hold of them tbh mate for those little minor works jobs. Only been on my own about 6 years but can't move in my garage for spare breakers haha always come in handy. "Sold" a desperate customer a old Crabtree c50 3 pole for £180 last year

I'd keep hold of them tbh mate for those little minor works jobs. Only been on my own about 6 years but can't move in my garage for spare breakers haha always come in handy. "Sold" a desperate customer a old Crabtree c50 3 pole for £180 last year
good point, ill throw the board but keep all the breakers.

only cost me something rediculous like £60.

good point, ill throw the board but keep all the breakers.

only cost me something rediculous like £60.

You could buy a amendment 3 with it all in for £65 in the big orange shed!
Makes my suppliers look like con artists!
Also made me look very silly when I priced it for Hager and it came in twice the price. Hence they supplied the board.

You could buy a amendment 3 with it all in for £65 in the big orange shed!
Makes my suppliers look like con artists!
Also made me look very silly when I priced it for Hager and it came in twice the price. Hence they supplied the board.

so you can get aa fully loaded amd3 mk board with 10mcb and 5rcbo for £65.

thats very cheap

so you can get aa fully loaded amd3 mk board with 10mcb and 5rcbo for £65.

thats very cheap

Doubt if you'd get a fully loaded one WITH 5 x RCBO's for that price? WF are flogging off fully loaded plastic CU's, with 10mcb's for £36. I've bought one, tempted to buy some more and then just get the enclosure, but you can't beat £65!

I find those MK mcb's are still twisting on the din rail.

Doubt if you'd get a fully loaded one WITH 5 x RCBO's for that price? WF are flogging off fully loaded plastic CU's, with 10mcb's for £36. I've bought one, tempted to buy some more and then just get the enclosure, but you can't beat £65!

I find those MK mcb's are still twisting on the din rail.
thats the reason i bought it just after xmas it was that cheap from screwfix.

there selling the rcbo's for £35 each as well lol

Had to install this meter cupboard in a 8 hours, i moved all loads from existing cupboard(now demolished) to new cupboard 20m away and had to re connect everything. It fed a sewage station and a aquaduct so time was precious. Could have been spot on if i had more time but needs must ey.
**Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_1367 - EletriciansForums.net **Show Us Your Installs!!!** IMG_1366 - EletriciansForums.net

I'm just bumping some threads in the Electrical Forum, don't mind me while I do this, you don't have to respond to them. Although if they are still current topics, and you do wish to reply, you're welcome to. Keep the thread on-topic and make sure you stick to the forum rules though.

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock