Discuss Shower isolator switch misbehaving in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Phthalo

HI Guys!

Newbie here with an isolator switch question:

The isolator switch in question services a domestic bathroom shower unit and yesterday it just stopped working. The red light does not come on when the switch is flipped it and in turn no power to the shower unit. The odd thing is that the shower circuit switch on the main RCD has not tripped as I would have expected. I hope this is enough info on the issue.

Any clues as to what may have happened?

Thanks in advance

Phthalo

Are you talking about the RCD or the mcb?

This would be the main household circuit breaker unit on the wall (if that helps).

probably a worn out switch/isolator. could also be burnt through terminations. best get a local electrician the ensure that any repair is done safely.

If the isolator switch has just failed to switch then this would not trip a breaker or RCD.

This would be the main household circuit breaker unit on the wall (if that helps).

So it's the RCD then??

as usual .DIY OP done a runner.

If the isolator switch has just failed to switch then this would not trip a breaker or RCD.

Thanks - I had an inkling that might be the case. So I may just need to replace the the switch.

Reply to Shower isolator switch misbehaving in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock