Discuss Shower Off, Tile, Shower Back On - Notifiable? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

NICEIC advice:

High risk locations
[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std,HelveticaNeueLT Std][FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std,HelveticaNeueLT Std]Kitchens, bathrooms and gardens are classed as ‘special locations’ because the risk of electric shock is greater. Unless you are only replacing accessories, work in a kitchen, bathroom, garden or outbuilding must either be undertaken by a registered electrician or notified to building control. [/FONT]

Now is a shower an accessory? :p

[/FONT]

NICEIC advice:

High risk locations
[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std,HelveticaNeueLT Std][FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std,HelveticaNeueLT Std]Kitchens, bathrooms and gardens are classed as ‘special locations’ because the risk of electric shock is greater. Unless you are only replacing accessories, work in a kitchen, bathroom, garden or outbuilding must either be undertaken by a registered electrician or notified to building control. [/FONT]

[/FONT]

Are you even replacing it because it's the same unit going back.........

Part P isn't applicable if replacing like for like.
Seeing as it's the same shower, it's EXACTLY like for like. !!

even if its a minor works all work in a kitchen or bathroom needs part p
i know its big pain but am i right? plz let me know some one

It's difficult to find any DIRECT answers to this issue but the following from the ODPM seems to be clear at last:

Is the replacement electric shower or shower pump in a bathroom notifiable?
Answer: No – despite the increased risk of electrical shock to persons in bathrooms and shower rooms, the ODPM does not consider such replacement work to be notifiable, unless it is not on a like for like basis or it involves the provision of a new circuit (such as to cope with an increased power rating). You are however advised due to this higher risk of electrocution to employ only competent electricians to undertake this work for you.

Reply to Shower Off, Tile, Shower Back On - Notifiable? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock