D

DuaneMHunt1976

I installed the wiring for the shower, not the shower

the customer got it out of a closing down sale at B&Q

Turned it on FULL to see how it handles, had my hand in the water
i could feel it stop for a millisecond and then go again
also it didnt Burn my hand even tho its 10kW
and it went How (Warm) to COLD.

I did talk to someone about this and they suggested it was the water Presure wasnt high enough
I am not that good at looking around the net for such information, and wonder if that was ture

i set it up on the MAX power to see if it could hold it, because they said it had tripped the MCB.
I think it was A MITE some thing shower
and the middle setting was ECO so i set it one above that
then put the Temp Control to all the way in the RED.

I wanted to strees it out,

How is this your problem if you didn't supply or fit the shower.
Voltage present ? Tick ! Problem lies with the installer unless of course you are getting paid to troubleshoot.

What Andy said but for your own piece of mind just crank it down of the red stop and leave it for a couple of mind, could be the controls are a bit off.

yes i am stil trying to get paid for the job...

Just trying to CUT out all ELEMENTS for NON Payment. Because i may have to just quiet and get my FLT Driving test done again.

How is this your problem if you didn't supply or fit the shower.
Voltage present ? Tick ! Problem lies with the installer unless of course you are getting paid to troubleshoot.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head with this statement...

yes i am stil trying to get paid for the job...

Just trying to CUT out all ELEMENTS for NON Payment. Because i may have to just quiet and get my FLT Driving test done again.

I think what Andy was getting at is were you paid for installing the shower circuit only? if your customer supplied the shower unit it's his problem, get paid for installing the circuit, tell matey to go to B&Q and get a replacement, then charge him again for refitting a shower he bought himself, I f I'm wrong Andy sorry.

Last edited:
i am spose to be getting paid for it, i had to pay for the CABLE MCB SWITCH and still nothing.
am wondering if i should just take it all out again

Land Lord didnt do a Periodic testing when he got someone in
Smoke alarms are from 1999 and never been changes and damaged.

i think i should of looked more around and say no to the job

Have you given them the cert?

I don't want to ask how much they owe you mate but you may be better off in the long run if you bite the bullet and say that you are not looking onto the shower fault until you get paid for the initial job.

I am SORRY to say YES, like a PLANK (and i will be flogging myself as i have been most of the week) for doing so, so quick.

Duane, we started off by talking about a shower that didn't work, now we are on to EICRs and smokes, don't want to sound smug, what was the total work content,and what did you actually agree to do? sounds to me like you may have bitten off more than you can chew.

just the shower.. cable, wire and MCB.. that was it.. i do tend to go OFF TYPIC as lot of things get linked in my mind

just going to cut my loses on this.. just dont like leave ANY problems my fault or others

Last edited by a moderator:
You have given the person the cert, which I presume says everything you have done it fine. Tell the guy the job your quoted for it complete and to the regs and you would like to be paid now. If you chose to look at the shower fault after you have been paid for your initial word then that is up to you.

Why should the OP fix the shower..... so he doesn't get paid for doing two jobs.......

Reply to Shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net