1. We've split off Commercial Electrician Talk and Industrial Electrician Talk from the main Electrical Forum. Please take note when you're looking for and posting new threads. :) 

Checkout the new Electricians Directory which you can add your business details to for free.

We've also teamed up with an insurance firm to offer you guys some discounted insurance. These guys will customise your insurance to fit your needs perfectly. Enquire using the following pages: VAN - FLEET - PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY - OTHER TYPES OF INSURANCE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Checkout the new British Forums, register for free and enter the competition to win a £25 Amazon Voucher!

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Siemens 3ph DB - replacement mcb & rcbo in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.co.uk.

1. polo1

polo1 Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    GW Electrical & Security
    Hi all, the breakers for the Siemens DB I'm working on are now obsolete. I'm trying to get confirmation if there are other compatible mcbs and rcbos for the board ( it's a Siemens ODB 100 SW Series A db) and hopefully there is a photo of an existing mcb below. Siemens UK have been unhelpful
    Cheers.

IMG_0249.JPG

2. Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Can't help mate, but Siemens are a business if they can't flog you any replacement parts, they sure as hell can supply you wit a complete new board, until that runs out of production in the next 6 months or so.

4. polo1

polo1 Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    GW Electrical & Security
    Ain't that the truth. There's a fair amount to do on this job and I'm trying to avoid them having to fork out for a new board ( they already need a new panel board), but I need a few mcbs and rcbos which will fit, to make this happen.

5. GMES

GMES Chief Gorilla Staff Member Trusted Advisor

@polo1 You can still get them mate, I bought some a few months back, slightly more than your average mcb but still obtainable. I got mine through my local Electric Center who I think dealt with siemens direct.
    I have a customer with 3 x 3phase boards full of single mcb's which I am ripping out in the next couple of months but it is whether you could wait that long.

polo1 likes this.
  6. Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  7. GMES

GMES Chief Gorilla Staff Member Trusted Advisor

@polo1 , Feast your eyes on all these, soon to be available :D Pm me if you need any .

20170105_133742.jpg

20170105_133828.jpg

20170105_134615.jpg

polo1 likes this.
  8. polo1

polo1 Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    GW Electrical & Security
    Thanks mate, interesting to hear that you got some recently; tbh Siemens were less than interested when I phoned - think I'll try again. Thanks too for the offer; think the customer is keen to get the work done asap due to insurance implications, but I'll give you a pm if that changes.

GMES likes this.