Discuss Signal, in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

joel89

-
Reaction score
Hi all industrial sparky here, i have an aerial with an amp 1-4 way with a 12v DC PSU mounted in the loft built on to it, wired in PF100 co ax Black cable it runs my living room TV,(joined to cable that runs down the house threw plasterboard) Bedroom 1 TV, Bedroom 2 TV, with full signal on all TVs (makes are LG and 2 Toshiba's) I have just installed a TV in the kitchen ran a co-ax RG6 from the Amp on the aerial down the wall outside (clipped) to the kitchen and fitted a CO-AX socket on the interior wall checked all connections all good just loosing signal on certain channels the TV is (TECHWOOD) my grandma's TV before she died so it seems a cheap TV.. could this need a signal booster? due to being a power quality TV?

any help would be great here cheers Joel

A couple of long shots if you don't have a signal meter.
i have a toshiba that is in my kitchen that has the signal and quality bars showing for the channels.
try using that on the cable you have installed.
do a retune as well as your grans old tv might have been pointing at a different transmitter.

I have re-tuned i picked up all my channels, 128 freeview, plugged into the Downstairs living room socket and i get full signal hmmm, i wonder if i have damaged the cable by clipping? what is the difference between PF 100 and RG6?? also F connectors are they better then CO-AX ?

Just google that one , it will be quicker. If you have joined the cable , and you have proved TV is ok , the fault is likely to be in the join .

Try another TV in the suspected cable, this may help you to prove the connection or lack of it.

They all run off the same aerial that's mounted outside, all the cables 4 of them run into the loft they're all jointed to other co-ax cables which go to the downstairs socket, bedroom 1 socket, bedroom 2 socket with F connectors and F in-line connectors.
The New one I have ran into the loft joined to the spare cable from the aerial, but I am thinking of Teeing into one of the other cables to see if that is a faulty connection on the amp?

Reply to Signal, in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock