Discuss Signing electrical work of just passed my 2394/5 in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike Blair

alright guys just wondering on sign my electrical work off. how much of a pain is it joining napit or storma?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you plan to do notifiable work then joining a scheme/scam does make business sense.

Stroma are £288 per year - so give them a call or you could try Napit, Elecsa, NICEIC, Trustmark, etc etc

Sorry Mike. All of the 'scams' are easy enough to join as long as you have the required bits of paper, proper calibrated test equipment and pay the fee. You also need to be confident in your work and show them a job you've done complete with appropriate certification - this can even be in your own home though for the initial assessent. A look on their websites will inform you far better of exact requirements though.

alright guys just wondering on sign my electrical work off. how much of a pain is it joining napit or storma?

Its about a medium size pain. Think about how many notifiable jobs you are doing (or plan to do) and decide if you are willing to put up with an uninvited guest once a year in order to get those jobs.

are they super fussy? i have heard the inspectors have to find something wrong with your work. o.o

That's cobblers. It should all be just as it should be, so how can they find something wrong if it's all right ?

You may get picked up on issues if they are not compliant or maybe not to the best standards but they don't have to find something wrong.

The "only" thing they are good at, is making sure you have all the insurances, calibration and up to date regs ..... which many of the cowboys simply don't have .....

Reply to Signing electrical work of just passed my 2394/5 in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net