Discuss single phase into 3phase trip switches/contactors etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They make 230V encoders?

You certainly can wire single phase through a contactor, don't switch the earth. Not sure what you mean by 'protect' though, encoders draw so little power in normal use that it will be a smoking ruin before any thermal protection kicks in.

I think I should explain it better.Please see picture. I am trying to have circuit breaker, noise filter and magnectic contactor.

1)Is this all required for single phase
2)Can someone reccomand me some products. I am ready to buy.

Encoder servodrive is 9.5amp and have read somewhere you need higher rated circuit breaker by about 20% of the voltage.

View attachment 35802

Yes. the diagram I showed was a units that can accept 220v three phase or single phase. I am using single phase.
L, n & earth

its like a 9.5 amp driver so sucks the power in from wall and then a lead from there to the motor. it drives the motor.
I want to buy circuit breaker, noise filter and magnetic contactor if it is necessary then not sure what I do with earth wire.

Want it looking professional and not earth wires hanging out.

The earth wire from wall actually goes into the driver.

But all the Circuit breakers are designed for three phase. The two pole breakers I have seen. Do I put Live and Neatural through them?

I will enclose everything eventually in a panel.

What's the make and model of the servo driver? I'd like to read about (and I suspect others may as well) before making suggestions about what parts you need.

Hi,
You can get all the bits (at a premium) from rswww.com, ask the drive manufacturer for comments on earthing, you will probably find that all the kit is din rail mount, ask the drive manufacture for more details.

You should definitely not be undertaking this work if you're asking questions like this.

If you're building this for anywhere other than your own home, I can tell you now, you are going to break statue law by not having a proper understanding of what should and needs to be done.

I'm not breaking no law rob. it is for my self.
I had wired it up and it all works. Just thought it might be good to put circuit breaker in thats all.

I'll go back to manufacturer for help. thanks anyway.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up. An yes, suitable circuit protection is a must. Although you may find an MCB not being the best option to protect a servo drive.

Could you clarify the wiring of the earth into the contactor in your first picture of the original post?

Reply to single phase into 3phase trip switches/contactors etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net