Discuss Site agents rule the world in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Currently on a final warning to be kicked off site because I've been caught twice taking my plastic specs off to view a wiring drawing, same numpty advised me to lean one of the half height sides of a tower against a wall on top of an unsecured scaffold plank whilst (he) was wearing no safety specs, just so he could sort his problem out.... most H&S guys I've worked with are good ............but!!!!!

A risk assessments should be done and PPE used to reduce this risk however a lot of sites will operate as hard hat boots glasses gloves etc. across the board this way it is easier to administrate and protects their own back sides. You will find that the site manager that has come via a trade is much more practical regarding these matters.

Bigger the site you tend to find the rules pretty tight. Blanket orders, doesn't matter if you are the cleaner or the guy working in confined spaces....Hat on, Steelies on, Specs on, Masks and gloves too on some sites. I remember my 1st big site (Channel tunnel) and everything you could think of was "instant dismissal".....Bearing in mind we were probably clearing double or triple what we would outside the tunnel then most complied lol. It was the Micheal Kane style safety specs though.....you HAD to wear them from when you entered the site to when you left...something to do with the sand flying around in the air apparently.

..you HAD to wear them from when you entered the site to when you left...something to do with the sand flying around in the air

sand, or was it them froggies?

"nightclub bouncer" LOL.

Armband permit for Hot Works, Drilling, Confined spaces (a cupboard the size of a small bedroom lol), working on the roof and Ladders....... No permit needed to erect and work on a 10m tower scaffold????? Crazy o_O

Me too, because wearing some combustible material around your arm whilst carrying out hot works makes it much safer surely!

The main reasoning behind the no bare skin rule being introduced by the HSE was due to the unprecedented increase in Skin Cancer in Building workers, most building workers are involved in the structure of buildings they don't work inside, the site Agent, under more pressure than any sub-contractor, has to implement the HSE rules, they can not make exceptions for those that work inside.

I would shout that from the rooftops it was utter rubbish, he must have thought everyone on this forum where Demagogue Morons, very surprised that I am the only one that called him out, even if it was five years ago.

Reply to Site agents rule the world in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net