Discuss Sjib in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

StevenFraser

I have been trying to get a SJIB grading card but have come up against the following obsticles.

I completed an Electrical Engineering apprenticeship which had all aspects of Installations, maitenance, fault finding,inspection and testing of electrical systems. I also have 17th Edition IEE qualification. SJIB have said since it was engineering and not an SVQ in electrical installations, I am not an electrician and can't get a card.

I contacted SECTT and they said I can do a competancy test to prove that I am more than qualified to meet the standards but need to get the 2391 qualification first and the ECS qualification/card.

This will cost a small fortune to get this.

Is there anyone out there that has had the same experience and what did you do?

The ECS card is the JIB card in England, so I assume it's the same in Scotland.
You have to take the ECS test, and then you have I believe two years to apply for the JIB/ECS card.
You shouldn't require the 2391 to obtain a card, just if you want approved grading.
You may find that you will require an NVQ before getting any grade other than that of Trainee.
I have heard of people getting Electrician graded cards, by getting refferlals from employers.

Reply to Sjib in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
Morning all, We are looking at qualification requirements for inspection and testing to BS EN 60204, all of our work is past the main isolator of...
Replies
Views
I have recently completed my HNC in electrical engineering at college and I am looking to get a job as an electricians mate. what do I need to...
Replies
Views
JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Applying for an ECS Gold card with the following:
I have completed the following qualifications gained from a 3 year level 3 advanced apprenticeship: - EAL NVQ Diploma Level 2 Advanced...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Is there companies or people out there that can help source sub contract work as im not sure where to start. I know you get recruitment...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock