Discuss Sky confusion? in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
afternoon gents, long time since my last post but hopefully someone can help me out?

Got a question for you guys as I can't get hold of sky at all!
I'm a spark and I'm wiring a house for a customer and I'm running all the sky cables (shotgun Webro) but I don't know weather to run them all to the LNB and if so what direction of the house should I run them too? (I'm sure I have heard the satalite is astra as should point South East) If not, do I run them all to the loft and leave them to sky? As she hasn't got sky yet I can't get a proper answer from them? Hopefully you could help me out?

Thanks In advance

afternoon gents, long time since my last post but hopefully someone can help me out?

Got a question for you guys as I can't get hold of sky at all!
I'm a spark and I'm wiring a house for a customer and I'm running all the sky cables (shotgun Webro) but I don't know weather to run them all to the LNB and if so what direction of the house should I run them too? (I'm sure I have heard the satalite is astra as should point South East) If not, do I run them all to the loft and leave them to sky? As she hasn't got sky yet I can't get a proper answer from them? Hopefully you could help me out?

Thanks In advance

Sky is positioned 28.8 east, best way to find it have a look at their neighbors where their sky sat is and take them there.

How you wiring the free view cables? 2 ways to do it run a cable from outside into the loft and and then run them from there to each tv point or from sky box f out to loft and use amplifier to boost the signal. of course you need power for amplifier.

Cheers fellas,

yeah im going to run all coax from each point to amp in the loft which comes from the Ariel but it was the sky that was making me think to much! Customer doesn't want the cable on show if possible so want to make sure it's not on the wrong side of the house to where the dish will be mounted! Besides the size of the LNB will be bigger than the dish lol

Sky is positioned 28.8 east, best way to find it have a look at their neighbors where their sky sat is and take them there.

How you wiring the free view cables? 2 ways to do it run a cable from outside into the loft and and then run them from there to each tv point or from sky box f out to loft and use amplifier to boost the signal. of course you need power for amplifier.

The Astra satellite is at 28.2E, The sky is right above you

OP I would suggest using Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com to get the best dish location on the property you are working on, Dishpointer is also available as a phone app if this is easier for you. I use this site all the time as it also gives dish elevation, LNB skew and reports any possible obstructions in the signal path

The Astra satellite is at 28.2E, The sky is right above you

OP I would suggest using Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com to get the best dish location on the property you are working on, Dishpointer is also available as a phone app if this is easier for you. I use this site all the time as it also gives dish elevation, LNB skew and reports any possible obstructions in the signal path

Yes you are right it is 28.2 E and yes sky is above you too.

Reply to Sky confusion? in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock