Discuss SKY HD Self Setup in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Damon

Ive seen this advertised in Currys for £30, Am I right in assuming you pay the £30 and they give you a sky HD box and u take it home and just replace with your existing sky box then call sky to upgrade channel packs to include HD etc...

Can I not just plug this in and get free sky channels as currently do and get the free to view HD channels without signing up to sky again?

Anyone?

not sure about this, but if you want multi room, the cabling has to be reconfigured and you need a different LNB.

Ive seen this advertised in Currys for £30, Am I right in assuming you pay the £30 and they give you a sky HD box and u take it home and just replace with your existing sky box then call sky to upgrade channel packs to include HD etc...

Can I not just plug this in and get free sky channels as currently do and get the free to view HD channels without signing up to sky again?

Anyone?

As far as I know, they will give you the box, assuming they have stock.

However, you need to call Sky to match the viewing card (which Sky send out) to the box and enable it.

I'm also fairly sure their Ts& Cs will insist you sign up to at least the basic mix packs, before they'll authorise the card too. Without the card, the box will be locked, and you'll be looking at blue screen all night.

As others have said, you also need a dual or quad LNB - fine if you had Sky +, new cable and LNB if you only had Sky standard.

I'm assuming you mean, just replace your sky+ box with the HD box? This I would like to know?? If it is that easy, are there any free HD channels that would be available on the HD box, BBC etc??

Cheers,

Ponty

cheers guys gonna look abit deeper but really wanna avoid new sky subscription, I have a quad lnd as previously had multiroom and sky+ installed and would be happy just to get free hd channels if i could such as BBC and ITV, As said earlier i bet sky do lock the box though grrrrrrrr.

I upgraded my installation from sky+ to HD. I opted for the self install soi got the box for free, delivered by courier. Then just connected it up and set it up, cost me nothing extra other than my subscription upping £10 per month.

Reply to SKY HD Self Setup in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net