Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Small power in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Lc1

Lc1 Active EF Member

I have been given the preliminary design of the small power system for an industrial complex. The design states that a switched fused connection unit should be on its own circuit , would this not normally be part of the ring main? Has anybody seen this before ?

2. Rocboni

Rocboni Trainee Access

Depends on what load is on the switch fuse, it's a good idea to have them on here own to prevent loading up the ring, especially in a industrial complex where the ring may be getting used extensively for power tools ect. There are many reasons to put the switch fuse in its own circuit.

3. snowhead

snowhead Trusted Advisor

If that's what the designer/ customer wants, that's what you need to quote for.

The Commercial buildings I work on have many dedicate single SFU circuits.
    It's not unusual at all.

4. westward10

westward10 Ugly kids what a disappointment. Electrician's Arms

Can be part of ring or on their own radial, doesn't matter.