Discuss Smartphone app in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good app for a smartphone to organise appointments and hold customer information etc? Preferably something that would sync up to iphone and iPad etc. Preferably free as I'm just starting out

(no smart arses quoting pen and diary please). :)

use the inbuilt calendar and contacts on the iPhone, we use it at work, if you use it on a google account you can sync it across all your devices. if i remember rightly you can also hide your customer contacts so you only see your usual ones until you need to find your customer's details.

The "free" apps otherwise usually have some catch to them like adverts or you can only store so many entries at one go

The type of applications you're talking about are known as CRM apps. They manage your customer database between different sections of a company and they often get very complicated and involved very quickly.

Google Contacts has some basic CRM features wrapped into it and might suit your needs. Also Google Sheets can be used as a basic customer management tool or you can set up your own or you can cheat and download a ready made one for free.

If you want a fully function CRM application for free, there are some around but as Calpol mentioned there's usually a price to pay somewhere.

The type of applications you're talking about are known as CRM apps. They manage your customer database between different sections of a company and they often get very complicated and involved very quickly.

Google Contacts has some basic CRM features wrapped into it and might suit your needs. Also Google Sheets can be used as a basic customer management tool or you can set up your own or you can cheat and download a ready made one for free.

If you want a fully function CRM application for free, there are some around but as Calpol mentioned there's usually a price to pay somewhere.

what does CRM stand for marvo? im guessing customer record(s) management?!

CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_relationship_management

A lot of CRM applications are aimed at companies with large sales teams and even larger customer databases and was often installed on its own large server but CRM software has more recently been aimed at and adopted by micro-enterprises and small businesses and nowadays there's thinned down versions that run on smart phones and tablets.

My advice would be if you need something more capable than the Google offeringsabove then look at the options available for $10-20 per year, it's not a big cost but there's lots of good versions around in that bracket and you won't have to suffer the nag screens and the advertising.

Reply to Smartphone app in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net