Discuss smoke alarm chirping in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lordyjordy

Hi lads

had the plumber in today and he was soldering.....

because of this i removed the upstairs smoke alarm from it's housing

its is wired into the mains with a battery back up

the battery has a label saying do not remove so didn't

put the alarm back and they both now cheep

tried turning the alarms breaker on and off but still does it

any ideas

cheers

No hit or miss here......if it bleeps there is a fault...no settling down period.......oh sorry your house burnt down missus, i was just waiting for the smoke detector to settle down,....???

Reply to smoke alarm chirping in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've asked a similar question before I think and we came to the conclusion that apart from new houses and HMO's etc there aren't any rules about...
Replies
Views
Our Northern California home built on 1977 has a built-in Gard-Site Smoke Detector model 081-612. It does not has battery. Its mounted on the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm having an issue with 'ionisation smoke alarm 1151'. It has started beeping today in the corridor. I have replaced battery 9V, but it's...
Replies
Views
This isn't really an electrical issue as such but I know you guys are pretty tech savvy and familiar with all the latest and greatest...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks.....I'm replacing hard wired interlinked smoke alarms with new battery interlinked ones. I disconnected old alarms and left the wires...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock