Discuss Smoke Alarms With External Sounder? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jolfy

Hi All,

Just fitted 8 Mains Voltage interlinked Sector Smoke alarms went to fit the external sounder to find it is not compatible by far, this was sold via my wholesaler who had assured me it was! Having beed around the sheds it seems this does not exist yet. Is there anything on the market that is IP rated and will fit in with the interlinked alarms I have installed? i.e. Alarm, Horn, or Bell? Needs to have a Switch live/interlink, Live, and Neutral not forgeting Earth?

Thanks

Jolfy

dunno-it's no problem on the commercial panels

on the domestic mains alarms you may be able to fit a relay base w/battery to switch a sounder -but the sounder itself won't have battery backup

Hi,
Just found a sight called Safelincs that do a 240V smoke that you can link to a yodal alarm which uses a relay to control the sounder, the alarm is actually a ACIO Ei141 Series which uses a relay to control the sounder which I had originally! At least I have not clipped the 70mtrs of 3 core for nothing!

Thanks For The replies

Jolfy

Reply to Smoke Alarms With External Sounder? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all Recently we've been having a few issues with smoke and heat detectors.. been fitting them for years and years now mostly without any...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I’ve recently bought a new house with an old alarm system that didn’t work and was located in the downstairs toilet. I’ve rewired it...
Replies
Views
hi all, as the title suggests i have a problem with an external sounder. Firstly i’ll hold my hands up and say that alarms systems are somthing...
Replies
Views
I know this was on a thread recently, but it's easier to start a new one, just to bring those of you in Scotland up to date. This is from the...
Replies
Views
D
had a quote on this job not sure if it's decent price any help needed ??? Lounge 4 x double socket 1 x single socket above fire for TV 1 x...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock