Discuss Socket in airing cupboard in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

An interesting debate and back to the OP.

You are about to change a CU, adding rcd protection to all the circuits.... So maybe a note on the EIC is a sensible approach....

It was but surely there are other places to charge a vacuum cleaner, get rid of the socket.

If the socket no longer needs to be there then I'd remove it, because this example illustrates folk will always be tempted to plug random stuff into unused outlets, even in an airing cupboard. In my own house, the washing machine is in the airing cupboard at the bottom of the bath. It was originally plugged into a socket in there, and I was happy to leave it like that until it was time for a new one. At that point I replaced the socket with a flex outlet plate and added a FCU on the outside of the bathroom wall. I also reversed the cupboard door so it is impossible to touch anything in the cupboard whilst in the bath. Some may argue that it would have been fine as it was, but I think I made sensible improvements. We certainly have nowhere else to put the washer in the house, and since the dirty linen ends up in the bathroom anyway, I like having it in there!

Interesting read. It does say he had an extension lead into the bathroom with his charger plugged in. Regardless of a socket in the airing cupboard or not it still does not prevent people doing such a silly thing it's surely down to the users discression in this scenario.

Reply to Socket in airing cupboard in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock