Discuss Socket/Switches Swap Pricing Help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

Just on abit of advice on how you guys would price up a job that just involves changing socket/switches fronts from white to antique brass.

The client has supplied all the materials and ive checked that there are cpc's present at the switches.

There are 38 points to swap in total would you guys quote a price per point? and if you did what would you charge?

All help greatly appreciated thanks

Hi,

Just on abit of advice on how you guys would price up a job that just involves changing socket/switches fronts from white to antique brass.

The client has supplied all the materials and ive checked that there are cpc's present at the switches.

There are 38 points to swap in total would you guys quote a price per point? and if you did what would you charge? And if you're changing anything in a Special Location, the cost of notifying LBC.

All help greatly appreciated thanks
How long do you reckon it will take you to change all the fittings, if it's a days work charge the day rate for Electricians in your area. Oh and don't forget to charge for certifying each circuit you alter.

How long do you think it would take you?

I'd estimate 4 an hour, so be thinking around £250 for my area, a bit more if you think you might get a few awkward ones.

I take it you have told him that if any of the sockets/switches goes faulty in the 12 months its up to him to sort it out as he bought the items and not you.

Don't forget Notifying The LBC if any of the work is notifiable. Bathrooms shower rooms etc, that's an added cost

i'd price that at a day's labour. no certificate required, but a MWC would be beneficial to cover your arse in case client or somebody else started mucking about altering circuits like adding points.

Don't forget to factor a reel of 1.5 mm GY with you.....

Doesn't this apply? or am I missing something
(543.1.1)
the cross-sectional area shall be not less than 2.5 mm2 copper equivalent if protection against mechanical damage is provided, and 4 mm2 copper equivalent if mechanical protection is not provided (see also Regulation 543.3.1).

^^ well on the shiny chrome fittings I've just fitted 2.5 mm would have been a total overkill as the link from the back box to the switch and I'm not sure they would have fitted!

Doesn't this apply? or am I missing something
(543.1.1)
the cross-sectional area shall be not less than 2.5 mm2 copper equivalent if protection against mechanical damage is provided, and 4 mm2 copper equivalent if mechanical protection is not provided (see also Regulation 543.3.1).
Not with you Spoon, what has this got to do with original post? or am I missing something as well?

Not with you Spoon, what has this got to do with original post? or am I missing something as well?

Hi mate. nothing to do with the original post or I would have quoted it.
I quoted Murdoch's post. Now I understand what he was getting at. :smile:

Hi mate. nothing to do with the original post or I would have quoted it.
I quoted Murdoch's post. Now I understand what he was getting at. :smile:
Right, I think, there is obviously a glitch somewhere cus I cant see a post by Murdoch in this thread.

Thank you for all your replies,

If in another case there were no CPC's at the switches and the client wanted metal switch plates... what are the options? as obviously running in a CPC to each switch will be a big/messy job.

Thanks

He must have pressed the 'ignore' button - vortigern was explaining about blocking yesterday and it seemed that you get all other posts except the person blocked - must be quite off putting and disjointed!

What, none of them ?
He must have pressed the 'ignore' button - vortigern was explaining about blocking yesterday and it seemed that you get all other posts except the person blocked - must be quite off putting and disjointed!

Chrome covered plastic or Hager, click white fittings as per the other thread going at the moment.
Thank you for all your replies,

If in another case there were no CPC's at the switches and the client wanted metal switch plates... what are the options? as obviously running in a CPC to each switch will be a big/messy job.

Thanks

Right, I think, there is obviously a glitch somewhere cus I cant see a post by Murdoch in this thread.

What do you see for posts #8, #9, #11 & #15?
As above, see if you have not ignored him by accident.

Reply to Socket/Switches Swap Pricing Help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock