Discuss software help which one to go for in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

arkin

-
Reaction score
Hi not posted in an age but going to start a bit of work for myself and been looking at the various certification available. There is a lot out there and its a bit of a minefield NAPIT want £120 for theirs bit much if its crap. seems to be an ios app available icert any recommendations.

mainly going to be doing EICR

apologies if this subject has been done to death not been on here for ages

To be honest I just had a dig around and the threads I found were from a couple of years ago. So considering how fast tech moves, it might be a case of having loads of different options now. So worth doing this thread again perhaps.

Edit: which other thread did you find?

I use NAPIT Desktop and for EICs and EICRs it's pretty good. Minor Works not so much as it wants a shed load of information above and beyond the models in BS7671, which is fine until you forget to collect it on site.

They have just released a mobile flavour for iOS and Android I think, they talked about integrating with the desktop flavour eventually, but sounds like they've used three different dev tools for desktop, iOS and Android which means they have a lot of work to do on all three versions.

I did try and get information out of them about pumping data into from other sources (I'm looking at writing my own Android app that will talk to my MFT 1731 via Bluetooth), but they were less than helpful and suggested if I did that I wouldn't get support if anything went wrong, when I asked about a programming interface to it, they simply won't do it. I'm not convinced using a tablet/phone to record test results on site is a good plan, it's so much easier just to print out a blank and scribble on it, you can make copious notes on the other sides of the page (unless you're saving trees by printing duplex). Check out Welcome - NAPIT Desktop - http://www.napitdesktop.co.uk, there should be some vids and stuff on there.

The quality of the certs is good, very little in the way of customisation on the certs themselves, but you can add cover pages. It also support fire alarms and emergency lighting (plus others I believe, depending on what scope you are registered for with NAPIT). When you email the cert, it actually uploads it to NAPITs servers and sends link to the customer allowing them to download it anytime.

If you're a NAPIT member, the notification side of things is straight forward through Desktop as well, although you still have to log into the NAPIT members site to add notification credits.

If I'd been charged full price for it, I'm not sure I'd have gone with it, but I got it at a good discount when I joined.

I use NAPIT Desktop and for EICs and EICRs it's pretty good. Minor Works not so much as it wants a shed load of information above and beyond the models in BS7671, which is fine until you forget to collect it on site.

They have just released a mobile flavour for iOS and Android I think, they talked about integrating with the desktop flavour eventually, but sounds like they've used three different dev tools for desktop, iOS and Android which means they have a lot of work to do on all three versions.

I did try and get information out of them about pumping data into from other sources (I'm looking at writing my own Android app that will talk to my MFT 1731 via Bluetooth), but they were less than helpful and suggested if I did that I wouldn't get support if anything went wrong, when I asked about a programming interface to it, they simply won't do it. I'm not convinced using a tablet/phone to record test results on site is a good plan, it's so much easier just to print out a blank and scribble on it, you can make copious notes on the other sides of the page (unless you're saving trees by printing duplex). Check out Welcome - NAPIT Desktop - http://www.napitdesktop.co.uk, there should be some vids and stuff on there.

The quality of the certs is good, very little in the way of customisation on the certs themselves, but you can add cover pages. It also support fire alarms and emergency lighting (plus others I believe, depending on what scope you are registered for with NAPIT). When you email the cert, it actually uploads it to NAPITs servers and sends link to the customer allowing them to download it anytime.

If you're a NAPIT member, the notification side of things is straight forward through Desktop as well, although you still have to log into the NAPIT members site to add notification credits.

If I'd been charged full price for it, I'm not sure I'd have gone with it, but I got it at a good discount when I joined.

good info thanks I think they have offered me a reduction or money off as a new member

Reply to software help which one to go for in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net