Discuss Solar Thermal and Heat Pump Component Suppliers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Hi Guys, up until now we've been buying complete kits of Solar Thermal, however some of our systems are starting to get interesting (hybrids, integrated boiler controls etc), so we are now looking for suppliers of the bits that make them up.

We've found that although all the usual suppliers (PTS, BSS, Plumbbase, Grahams, Plumbcentre) claim to have they bits they only ever get kits in to order, so we're looking for all those elusive things like solar rated fibre washers, nipples for heat pump pipes etc.

We've recently started dealing with BES in Brum and their mail order service is excellent (online up until 6pm and can still get it for before 10:30 next day of you need it - good for solar and heat pump stuff), We're also aware of Inta Eco

For PV it's a no-brainer - Andy @ Sibert :)
For Biomass, that's usually BSS

So for all those little bits and pieces for Solar Thermal (DN16 nuts and fibre washers) and Heat pumps, (nipples, flair tools etc) who do you guys use?

Thanks.

used to use the solar shop, but they changed their name, then seem to have gone bust.

secon solar are great, and I find it pretty simple buying bits and bobs from navitron, and tbh I tend to buy bulk bits and bobs from screwfix as ordering is relatively simple and I can see what I'm buying, plus their prices are pretty good, where as the plumbers merchants seem to have some very odd pricing structures.

advanced water systems are also good for lots of stuff like thermostatic valves etc.

For the record that price is for x 4 and that is normal retail cost. If you want to open a trade option then I am happy to sort that out. We get a lot of customers looking for those hard to find parts which I am delighted to sort out. No chance of making money on these odds and sods but I try to cover all the bits and pieces that make a system work as well as the major components.
I am also open 24/7.:Angel_anim:

Guys, thanks for the replies

Don't forget there is a place for smaller companies who may have excellent service ethic and hold niche items as well as links to national suppliers if required. If you end up with only big conglomerates then the competition goes, service may not always be 100% (especially if you need something made up on a Friday night) and prices go up. Successful small companies try to get bought eventually!
A small company these days is likely to be self funded so the service level should be quite high and overheads may be lower so can compete on a purely price level. Not always but you need new companies coming through to maintain a good level of supply, experience and service.

Reply to Solar Thermal and Heat Pump Component Suppliers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net