Discuss SolarEdge monitoring portal update in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the SolarEdge monitoring portal has been updated today? There's a new admin section which allows quite a lot of self-configuration which could only previously be done via the support desk. However the site layout section appears to be broken :-( I've dropped them a mail but no response yet.

Indeed we uploaded a new version of our Monitoring Portal on Sunday night. As mentioned by methley, this version includes enhancements that enable you to manage your sites and users independently and perform other tasks that previously required our support team's assistance. The layout problem you may have encountered is now solved.

There is no extra work involved. On the Monitoring portal, you will fill in the same form you used in the past (found before on the SolarEdge website), but it now automatically creates the site for you. There is now no need to wait for our support team before you can gain access to your site's module-level data.

To log in to the new version use the usual link: monitoring.solaredge.com and your usual username and password. For further details on the upgraded version read the announcement.

I think theres a error had some of clients telling me they can not get access now??? I hope I do not have to manually add all the solar edge customers as owners now???

the only good thing is we can upload images now!

the new solar edge portal as been a pain in the bum for my customers ! who are not very good computer user!

I do think it is better that we can upload site instead of waiting.

Wow!!!

Now I know why my five month old SE4000 inverter packed up Sunday night and is still off line.

Maybe the new monitoring portal update bugged it.

Hopefully I might be able to get it fixed next week.

Here's hoping, Trader9

Hi MEP ELECT

Yes, but I get mixed messages they say the digital board needs changing but I also rang SolarEdge and they think it may be the string. SolarEdge reloaded the Firmware/software and got it working late Monday and Tuesday, but Wednesday it went down again, so I now wait for a digital board sometime next week but I am not sure that will be the answer. There is no DC and only half of the panels seem able to communicate.

The system is only five months old so I am pretty ****ed off it has failed so soon.

Regards, Trader9

can you get to the inverter it self ? if so ring me I will tell you what to look for and then tell you how to know if the inverter is hooked up to your internet etc and how to reset it !!!

you do not need the portal to tell if all panels are running !!!!

ring the free phone number on the website during the day when system is ''half on''

but your installer should know this stuff !!!

Hi MEP ELEC

Thanks for your continued interest.

My system is 16 x 235W Romag panels in a single string to the SE4000 inverter. When it failed on Sunday at 18:50 panels 2, 4, 5, 10, 14, 15 and 16 had stopped communicating. There was only 10V DC when I checked Monday morning using the inverter display. I rang Spirit Solar who contacted SolarEdge and the system was reset (software or firmware reloaded) and it sprang back into life at 13:52 Monday. Worked fine all day Tuesday until 19:48 when it lost contact with some of the panels again. Phoned Spirit Solar again Wednesday and I noticed around lunch time the inverter was trying to function but kept failing.
I assume SolarEdge were again trying to reload the software/firmware again. Got a call back from Spirit Solar to say a new digital board was required and was being sent to them on Friday and they would fit as soon as they received it.
However, I was concerned that what seemed to be a repeat of the same fault had a different fix, so I rang SolarEdge direct and they rechecked my system and sent me this email.
I checked your site, the Inveter is not producing , due to low DC voltage from the panels, You need to contact Sprit Solar , they need to check the voltage of the panles string an find , the faulty one. They can contact us in case the need help.

Current status is half the panels last communicated yesterday and some today, but panel 14 has not communicated since 01/05/2012.

Two alerts have now appeared on my monitor from yesterday.
1, Inverter energy below threshold, less than 10Wh in last day.
2, Optimizer shut down, No measurement received from panel 14 in the last two days.

I will contact Spirit Solar on Tuesday with the new information, but I thought that all SolarEdge inverters were being monitored centrally and they would have known about this already. Also I was lead to believe that this may have been as a result of a recent firmware/software upgrade a short while back. But if so why only me.

My thoughts are water in panel 14 control box and a new digital board will do nothing.

Kind regards, Trader9.

Last edited:

Reply to SolarEdge monitoring portal update in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net