Discuss Some pics from a FULL rewire. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Agreed a job to change half a dozen internal light fitting and one external light fitting,turned up this morning, was told the house had been fully rewired 6 months ago by one of them part p electricians..so i had a poke around as u do....View attachment 19841View attachment 19842View attachment 19843View attachment 19844View attachment 19845View attachment 19846View attachment 19847View attachment 19848

What I don't understand in most cases like this is why does the customer pay them the final money before they are happy with the installation.?
A cowboy is not going to come back to this after he has got his cash,he is away to make another dangerous installation elsewhere.

First thing I thought when looking at ther pictures is "the CU isn't actually that bad" not perfect by any means but considering the rest of the work, It's ****ing superb.

Also if you notice he left the wiring in that horrendous state yet took the time to carefully connect the rings on separate RCDs - come to think of it why would he even fit a dual RCD board?? lol

You know that's not what I'm saying, so don't twist my words. Next time someone cuts you up in a car, make sure you don't sound your horn, just in case there are repercussions.

hmm but I'm talking about my actions effecting another, not myself -

Think about it, a guy who is going to rip off an elderly couple and leave their wiring in a dangerous state is not exactly going to be an 'upstanding member of the community' is he? So I think it is risk enough to at least consider.

Didn't intend to twist your words, I was responding to your post about elderly 'not wanting to complain' and the need to 'look after' them.

All I'm saying is if I was going to 'grass' another spark it would have to be for something pretty serious and I would have to be in possession of ALL the facts.

Regarding this thread - lets say the old guy gives the OP a contractors name - OP then plasters details all over this forum as some have called for - the contractor comes on here and says 'hang on a minute, I've never even been in that bloke's house' - and its proven later that he's telling the truth! lol

hmm but I'm talking about my actions effecting another, not myself -

Think about it, a guy who is going to rip off an elderly couple and leave their wiring in a dangerous state is not exactly going to be an 'upstanding member of the community' is he? So I think it is risk enough to at least consider.

Didn't intend to twist your words, I was responding to your post about elderly 'not wanting to complain' and the need to 'look after' them.

All I'm saying is if I was going to 'grass' another spark it would have to be for something pretty serious and I would have to be in possession of ALL the facts.

Regarding this thread - lets say the old guy gives the OP a contractors name - OP then plasters details all over this forum as some have called for - the contractor comes on here and says 'hang on a minute, I've never even been in that bloke's house' - and its proven later that he's telling the truth! lol

I do agree with you to some extent, and in most cases, the installs aren't necessarily going to be dangerous, merely awful. Let's not assume though, that any tradesman who does shoddy work is some diamond geezer who carries a baseball bat around with him/her. I'm sure that the vast majority are cowards out to make as much money as they can.
Let's be honest here, most of us aren't going to get involved with "grassing someone up", unless it's something really serious, as we don't really need the hassle. We put right what we can, and tell the client to call us in future.

I'm just bumping some of the older threads in the general electrical forum that had a lot of replies. They might not be current topics, if they're not, just ignore them and they'll soon drop off the list. If you DO wish to add a reply and get the conversation going again, feel free to do so. Your input might help somebody else in the future.

Reply to Some pics from a FULL rewire. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock