Discuss Some pics from a FULL rewire. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The guy who carried this lot out trades a few miles from myself and is NICEIC domestic installer and approved contractor,(i checked the register cos i couldnt beleive it!!) left no paper work etc..i only hope he reads this forum,he might go back and finish it off :innocent:.....

If it is true which at this moment I don't believe!!, that it was carried out by any scheme member NICEIC or other. Name and shame or you are letting him off with it, a trained monkey wouldn't turn that rubbish out, they are pretending to be members of schemes to rip people off, where is the paperwork to confirm that it was carried out by a NICEIC member, then I will go on a witch hunt with everyone else for the NICEIC

The point for me though is not that the guy exists,we all know he does...it's the fact that the NICEIC see fit to approve him,which when I started out they would never have done.

I guess they're in the same position as the motor vehicle licensing department. If a guy proves he can drive to the required standard they have to give him a license. He might drink and drive every day since he passed his test but his license can't be taken away until there's a sucessful prosecution against him and that prosecution isn't brought about by the licensing dept, it's the job of the police to get the conviction.

the op won,t name and shame i wonder why?
Possibly because there are laws which he could be seen to transgress by doing so. Possibly because this other guy has a reputation as a hard lad who will work him over if he thinks he's bad mouthed him publicly. Possibly because he's not 100% that the guy in question is actually responsible or whether it's someone masquerading as him.

Many possible reasons Ayjay, let's just sit this out till we have something concrete to go on eh?

I guess they're in the same position as the motor vehicle licensing department. If a guy proves he can drive to the required standard they have to give him a license. He might drink and drive every day since he passed his test but his license can't be taken away until there's a sucessful prosecution against him and that prosecution isn't brought about by the licensing dept, it's the job of the police to get the conviction.

Does he have a licence in the first place, might be a photocopy? Best check he is allowed to drive first

Possibly because there are laws which he could be seen to transgress by doing so. Possibly because this other guy has a reputation as a hard lad who will work him over if he thinks he's bad mouthed him publicly. Possibly because he's not 100% that the guy in question is actually responsible or whether it's someone masquerading as him.

Many possible reasons Ayjay, let's just sit this out till we have something concrete to go on eh?

if it was a hard lad from we're I come from, I wouldn't put pictures of his bad job on the web I would keep my nose out

I know mate, I liken it to an old style communist state where no one dares to contradict the official party line. When a training centre set up their stall on youtube I asked them if they would be prepared to have any of their trainees working in their homes. You should have seen the response, Stalin would have been proud.
hmm...the NIC `politbureau`...

Dear Forum – as previously stated send us the details and we will investigate.
There is no argument that the work is totally sub-standard but at present there is no evidence that this was carried out by an NICEIC contractor – we cannot investigate without details.
We have been honest and open and come on here to resolve an issue. I have asked for the details so it can be looked into fully and have so far received nothing.
We all have our views on the industry and the various bodies within it, but from what i can see we are the only provider on here trying to resolve an issue.
However, we do need your help in some cases.

Thank You

- - - Updated - - -

There is no argument that the work is totally sub-standard but at present there is no evidence that this was carried out by an NICEIC contractor – we cannot investigate without details.
We have been honest and open and come on here to resolve an issue. I have asked for the details so it can be looked into fully and have so far received nothing.
We all have our views on the industry and the various bodies within it, but from what i can see we are the only provider on here trying to resolve an issue.

Thank You

i dont know if i believe this thread anymore , everytime i look at the pictures i cant believe it was a spark who done the install , the OP wont reply , maybe its a little white lie thats went to far

Bloody Hell Trev !!!

That's an extremely well-written post .................. are ye sure yer a Sooth Shields lad?? :)

Thank You

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You

So with my positive head on, does this mean that if we professionals report "other" sparks, the NICEIC will investigate and not say you can't unless the home owner complains?

Reply to Some pics from a FULL rewire. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net