Discuss Some pics from a FULL rewire. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bloody Hell Trev !!!

That's an extremely well-written post .................. are ye sure yer a Sooth Shields lad?? :)
Born in Princess Margaret (or was it Princess Mary, I can't remember I was just a baby at the time) hospital in Newcastle mate because of complications the aad doll had but dragged up in Shields definitely.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
So with my positive head on, does this mean that if we professionals report "other" sparks, the NICEIC will investigate and not say you can't unless the home owner complains?
Well it sounds like the NICEIC ENGINEER is going to investigate this one if info is forthcoming and has invited you to report others. I assume they'd only be able to investigate their own members so maybe try it and let us know what happens.

If this is a wind up (which I believe it is) the OP must be quite pleased with himself - 14 pages of irate sparks and even the NIC involved!

Some things just don't ring true to me, e.g. the CU is too 'neat' compared to the rest - would he really have bothered with earth sleeving or bothered to 'dress' the cables? (badly I know). Looks to me like the CU was once reasonable but has been mullered by additions, the 2.5 coming in from the left looks like an add on.

Some of the cables hanging around in connectors (lighting) look like temporary repositioning during building work (we've all seen it) - the meter is mounted within what looks like a brand new cabinet, the crimped cables look like they may have originally been within some kind of enclosure due to perhaps CU relocation - I mean would he have crimped anything when a good a ol' connector block would have done?

I say pffft lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed a job to change half a dozen internal light fitting and one external light fitting,turned up this morning, was told the house had been fully rewired 6 months ago by one of them part p electricians..so i had a poke around as u do....View attachment 19841View attachment 19842View attachment 19843View attachment 19844View attachment 19845View attachment 19846View attachment 19847View attachment 19848
I agree. A load of Shiza. BY THE OP! That installation is way older than 6 months. The consumer unit aint that bad. I smell a fish. I can't believe I just read 14 pages of drivel sparky bashing.
And the only ones who the NICEIC should listen to IS the client, not other sparkies grassing each other up.

I agree. A load of Shiza. BY THE OP! That installation is way older than 6 months. The consumer unit aint that bad. I smell a fish. I can't believe I just read 14 pages of drivel sparky bashing.
And the only ones who the NICEIC should listen to IS the client, not other sparkies grassing each other up.

Don't agree entirely with that. I live in an area with a mainly elderly population, and they wouldn't dream of complaining about someone's work, however bad it was. It's not about "grassing people up", it's about looking after those who have been ripped off and put into a potentially dangerous situation.

Don't agree entirely with that. I live in an area with a mainly elderly population, and they wouldn't dream of complaining about someone's work, however bad it was. It's not about "grassing people up", it's about looking after those who have been ripped off and put into a potentially dangerous situation.

The problem there though is they could still be exposed to repercussions even if you do the reporting - are you going to be there when psycho-sparky wants to even things up with them?

whats this rubbish.....?
i thought the pics spoke for themselves...
how about a pledge to strike this turnip of your list...full stop.
i heard similar nonsense eminating from tony Cable`s mouth the other week when i was talking to him....
about how Part p had made the industry a whole lot better, safer etc....
what a load of old crap....

scams: bin em

5 week courses: bin em

silly on line guess exams: bin em

replace with a national register of qualified, competant electricians....no proper quals attained at college whilst undergoing sustained on site training (such as an apprenticeship)....then you aint coming in.....end of.

Basically jib then. Plenty of sparks have gone through college (proper city and guilds) out of employment and only gained it when qualified. Not all are cowboys. Also, getting apprenticeships when you're not 16-17 is neither easy or really workable.

If you're good enough and learn quick enough, you can pick up as much as a 3 year apprentice in a year if you're not being treated as one and thrown in at the deep end.

If this is a wind up (which I believe it is) the OP must be quite pleased with himself - 14 pages of irate sparks and even the NIC involved!

Some things just don't ring true to me, e.g. the CU is too 'neat' compared to the rest - would he really have bothered with earth sleeving or bothered to 'dress' the cables? (badly I know). Looks to me like the CU was once reasonable but has been mullered by additions, the 2.5 coming in from the left looks like an add on.

Some of the cables hanging around in connectors (lighting) look like temporary repositioning during building work (we've all seen it) - the meter is mounted within what looks like a brand new cabinet, the crimped cables look like they may have originally been within some kind of enclosure due to perhaps CU relocation - I mean would he have crimped anything when a good a ol' connector block would have done?

I say pffft lol

First thing I thought when looking at ther pictures is "the CU isn't actually that bad" not perfect by any means but considering the rest of the work, It's ****ing superb.

The problem there though is they could still be exposed to repercussions even if you do the reporting - are you going to be there when psycho-sparky wants to even things up with them?

We could say that about anything though. Where do we draw the line about what is acceptable, just in case of repercussions?

We could say that about anything though. Where do we draw the line about what is acceptable, just in case of repercussions?

If the reported work is shoddy, and on inspection by the relevent "body" is confirmed to be shoddy and has to be made good, why should there be repercussions?

Shoddy, poor work needs to be inspected and those guilty of such installations made to improve.

Where this falls down is where said people get kicked out and then there is nobody to report them too except LABC or trading standards and they have neither the knowledge or expertise to do this properly.

The guy who carried this lot out trades a few miles from myself and is NICEIC domestic installer and approved contractor,(i checked the register cos i couldnt beleive it!!) left no paper work etc..i only hope he reads this forum,he might go back and finish it off :innocent:.....

Post 9 NICEIC ENGINEER have you sent ZEDESS a PM to obtain the information re this so called installer and the details of the poor customer !

I agree the repercussion issue is low risk but still a risk nonetheless (you never know who you are dealing with)
Also you would be going against the wishes of this elderly couple by reporting it - what right do you have to do that? Are you saying that over a certain age people can't be trusted to make decisions for themselves?

I agree the repercussion issue is low risk but still a risk nonetheless (you never know who you are dealing with)
Also you would be going against the wishes of this elderly couple by reporting it - what right do you have to do that? Are you saying that over a certain age people can't be trusted to make decisions for themselves?

You know that's not what I'm saying, so don't twist my words. Next time someone cuts you up in a car, make sure you don't sound your horn, just in case there are repercussions.

depends if they smell of wee or not....

Reply to Some pics from a FULL rewire. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net