Discuss Sonos multi speaker/areas in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi new to posting but any help welcomed. I have connect amp indoors x 3 for different rooms, easy set up 2 speakers per box works great end of my knowledge. Customer having new downstairs opened up, kitchen with dining area off to side, orangery extension across back and with existing lounge at front. General conversation mentioned sonos, great connect amp 2 cieling speakers in orangery happy days easy, then asked if music could flow through all downstairs so possibly 2xspeakers in orangery 1x left/right in kitchen 1x same in breakfast and 1again in lounge is it possible to do through sonos connect with multi amp but be able to all on or turn off certain channels maybe 3 areas eg orangery, kitchen with breakfast, lounge. Sorry if long winded. Thanks Steve

Yes it would work like that.
just need a player for each room.
all zones can play different sources or all together in party mode
if they don't want ceiling speakers try the stand alone play 1,3 and 5 speakers.
its just a matter of pressing the top button to pair them with the system
easy peasy

As above, but remember each zone, is a sound source,

Hi thanks for replies. As downstairs would be mainly open plan no need for different music. Could 1 sonos connect be used and the amp power all speakers but with separate stand alone volume controls so you don't have to keep going to amp. Thanks

You could put in a stand alone volume control but it kind of defeats the point of using as sonos as you would have to keep going back to the volume control rather than running it all from the app. I would use separate amps per area, they could always get a play 3 or 5 and move it from room to room as it is needed rather the having all fixed points.

Reply to Sonos multi speaker/areas in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock