Discuss Spanish Practices / Hot tubs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Currently sunning myself in Spain. Is this a two phase set up? Has to power a pool and hot tub. Noticed that the MCB for the hot tub cuts out after about 45 mins and the whole front of the CU is very hot to the touch.

IMG_3063.JPG

View attachment 36303

From what I can see it is a single phase board with SP&N MCB's so in the event of a fault or a trip, both live and neutral are disconnected.

The only issue I can see is the MCB feeding the spa is a double pole (not SP&N) from a different manufacturer which is incorrect.

What is the rating of the board and the incoming supply? As there are a lot of circuits with sizeable ratings for a domestic property.

Where is the heat you mention coming from? Is it localised? What is the rating of the hot tub?

Can't see the rating of the hot tub and I'm not going to start pulling someone else's kit to bits. Looks like another MCB local to the tub. See pic. also pic for the main switch on the CU. The whole plastic front of the CU was quite hot to the touch.

IMG_3086.JPG

IMG_3088.JPG

There's some nice comfy chairs out here.:cool:
So you found them in the end - put your tools away and have an ice cream before you open your smuggled copy of the BYB! Have a good holiday @FatAlan - remember 'slip slap slop' and that refers to skin care before @telectrix gets his oar in!

Just trying to work out what type of swallows are flying around out here. :rolleyes:
I can see an ornithological theme developing on here what with mention of Shags on another thread! :D

Looking at the circuit descriptions, they are obviously printed in Spanish, except the one for the 'Spa Pool', which looks suspiciously written by some Brit, who's probably some DIY'er!

Trust the Spanish to call an oven 'Horno'

Its Spain. isn't everything supposed to be hot to the touch!

The problem in Spain isn't the current rating of the MCB's it is more likely the supply voltage it is not unusual to find it 15-20% below the nominal voltage on a good day

Whilst on a Spanish theme I was supplying materials to a job in Spain for a local to fit and cert. I said do you want shaver sockets for the bathrooms, oh no we put a socket in bathrooms perfectly accepted. Since then another Spanish electrician has been in and confirmed it is O.K. So much for the EEC.

Reply to Spanish Practices / Hot tubs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net