Discuss Stabbed in the back by Elecsa........ in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andart

In the email 'Promoting your business' sent out by [email protected] yesterday (23/9/15), with Elecsa logos top and bottom, there is a link to the Landlords Pack which has been sent to 1150000 Landlords.

The second question in the FAQ of the Landlords Pack (page17) asks:

'Who can landlords contact to get an EICR carried out?

It gives the answer:

Only NICEIC Approved Contractors can carry out EICR’s and a list of Approved Contractors can be found on our websiteniceic.com.

This is factually incorrect and potentially damaging to all Elecsa members.

I urge you to contact Elecsa and express your concerns.

I have already emailed them as when I phoned the couldn't tell me who was responsible for the email.

I'll let you know if I get any response.

What about the other scam parties, like Napit?
Looks like everyone just wants to look out for their own group instead of working together.

I was working at home a few weeks back and took an unsolicited call from the Electrical Safety Council offering a free "electrical survey".

I asked them what this would entail and who would be doing it?

The answer was a basic "test and survey" - sounds like a visual report

& who? - an NICEIC member - to which I stated that I didn't think the the ESC should be making such calls and passing business to its "members"

a silence from the caller

I then told them what I did for a living..... and the caller put the phone down!

In the email 'Promoting your business' sent out by [email protected] yesterday (23/9/15), with Elecsa logos top and bottom, there is a link to the Landlords Pack which has been sent to 1150000 Landlords.

The second question in the FAQ of the Landlords Pack (page17) asks:

'Who can landlords contact to get an EICR carried out?

It gives the answer:

Only NICEIC Approved Contractors can carry out EICR’s and a list of Approved Contractors can be found on our websiteniceic.com.

I urge you to contact Elecsa and express your concerns.

I have already emailed them as when I phoned the couldn't tell me who was responsible for the email.

I'll let you know if I get any response.

factually incorrect? it's an out and out LIE and they should be prosecuted for it.
f

so, by inference, anyone who is not a niceic approved contractor is incompetent. is this a case for a libel suit?

so, by inference, anyone who is not a niceic approved contractor is incompetent. is this a case for a libel suit?

Time for a survey Tel? stiff email to the head honcho at NICEIC who ever that is, not sure these days.

I have just got off the phone with elecsa.

I have expressed my outrage that as an elecsa member I have been downgraded in the eyes of landlords. They said they were aware of the situation as they have received numerous calls to this effect today. They were aware of the legal implications and their marketing team were on to the issue with a view to send a revised version out to all the landlords.
I also insisted that they contact members to give an apology and made them aware that from my point of view this is outright fraudulent representation and that industry wide grounds for legal action had been published in this landlords pack.

I await the next week or so for a response.

Thanks very much to andart for raising this, I had just skimmed past the email as the usual inbox BS.

Hi Andart, I've just quickly skimmed through the document, and as you say in the FAQ 'who can landlords contact to get an EICR carried out' and it says 'Only nicec approved contractors can carry out EICR's'. I suspect it's a cut & paste problem, and someone forgot to proof read the document. Note they say the same about how often an EICR should be carried out. Do NICEIC approve their domestic installers to carry out eicr's? There are other references putting together NICEIC/ELECSA and quotes such as 'competent persons', contractors who are Part P listed to do domestic work, and 'other schemes'. They do define a registered electrician, as one registered with a government approved scheme 'such as NICEIC or ELECSA'. It is a big and glossy document, selling the virtues of NICEIC & ELECSA electricians, which I can see putting the noses out of joint, of the other schemes and insulting our colleagues not in a scheme. The only good thing, is its trying to get landlords to think about their properties with regard to the electrical installation.
Good luck with your email, I'm still waiting or a reply, were ELECSA have contradicted themselves about reg 421.1.201.

Edit; Just read your last post.

Last edited:

Reply to Stabbed in the back by Elecsa........ in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net