Discuss Stabbed in the back by Elecsa........ in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi what do you think of them?

Annual assessment like Elesca
Notification on line like Elecsa

Annual subs £288.00

Notification fees of £1.80 per job - none of this "mandatory" insurance

None of my clients care about who I'm registered with, BUT I do register each and every Part P job I do.

and they don't waste my subs sponsoring a small football club!

Sorry to bump an old thread but have any Elecsa members had any feedback on this situation ?

I have had no apology, no confirmation that any of the information has been corrected, no hint that these landlords may have been contacted to make them aware of any false information provided.

What I did get however, after Elecsa telling landlords that only approved contractors may carry out EICR, was a call from Elecsa asking if I had considered upgrading to the NICEIC approved contractor scheme !!!!!!!

Talk about taking the **** !

I have voted with my feet and left Elecsa. They will soon be no more I fear anyway after being swallowed up by the NICEIC brand. What use can certsure have for 2 part P schemes ?

Sorry to bump an old thread but have any Elecsa members had any feedback on this situation ?

I have had no apology, no confirmation that any of the information has been corrected, no hint that these landlords may have been contacted to make them aware of any false information provided.

What I did get however, after Elecsa telling landlords that only approved contractors may carry out EICR, was a call from Elecsa asking if I had considered upgrading to the NICEIC approved contractor scheme !!!!!!!

Talk about taking the **** !

I have voted with my feet and left Elecsa. They will soon be no more I fear anyway after being swallowed up by the NICEIC brand. What use can certsure have for 2 part P schemes ?

Have you gone with Stroma Andy?

I've been with Stroma since May 2015 - all I've used them for is to do Part P notifications which are only £1.50 plus VAT. The website for notifications is very similar to Elecsa's.

Only 1 person in 2015 asked me if I was "NIC" and that was a chap looking for a "cheap" EICR on an industrial site with 200 circuits - needless to say I didn't want it!

So what do landlords need to do?
Landlords are required to ensure that regular electrical safety inspections are carried out by a competent person, and that anything that fails to pass the inspection is replaced or repaired immediately.

As a minimum, an electrical safety inspection must be carried out:

• Before a tenancy starts, and
  • During the tenancy, at intervals of no more than five years from the date of the previous inspection.
A copy of the most recent electrical safety inspection reports must be provided to both new and retained tenants.

The person who conducts the checks must be employed by a firm that is a member of an accredited registration scheme operated by a body recognised by the Scottish Government – this will usually mean that they are registered with NICEIC or a member firm of the Electrical Contractors’ Association of Scotland (SELECT).

Both the NICEIC and the Electrical Contractors' Association of Scotland (SELECT) provide online tools for finding local members.

taken from http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/guides-and-advice/scottish-landlords/

All I have is a JIB gold card, seems to get me by. Occasionally the customer will ask about me being with NIC and I tell them NIC guys have to get gold card like mine or they will only have NIC or other some other sort of card

Thanks for all your advice! As for complaints procedures, mine is to fly round and fix whatever the problem is! I would have if they'd called me!

Backs up against the wall at the moment as I'm not working due to sick relative. Really could do without some small claims, stress hassle etc. Think I'll point them in the direction of my insurance company and see if they twist it into a faulty equipment problem! Perhaps the insurance company will ask them if they consulted me first at which point they'll have to admit they didn't.

Hopefully they will go away..

Thanks for all your advice! As for complaints procedures, mine is to fly round and fix whatever the problem is! I would have if they'd called me!

Backs up against the wall at the moment as I'm not working due to sick relative. Really could do without some small claims, stress hassle etc. Think I'll point them in the direction of my insurance company and see if they twist it into a faulty equipment problem! Perhaps the insurance company will ask them if they consulted me first at which point they'll have to admit they didn't.

Hopefully they will go away..

Wrong thread ?

Reply to Stabbed in the back by Elecsa........ in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net