Discuss stairway lighting circuits in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi
been working abroad for a few years and now back in the uk , question i have is in a stairwell in a sheltered housing scheme do the lights in the stairwell still have to be wired on the 1 circuit under the 17th edition ? stairs cover 5 floors

thanks in advance
(17th edition course booked for next month !!!!!)

some guy will come along and give you better advice than myself , welcome along to flash bang electrical club aka electricians forum

Hi

Stair case lighting in multi ocupants houses(Flats) are desined to run on timers for resons

to save energey and to increase life limit of installed Lights

However if the staircase has no day light windows, the lights has to be maintained 24 hrs

if there is windows u may have 2 controls

Timer to switch the lights on specifiec times normaly 6pm-8am
however there is chance u may have photo cell in place to override timer on winter days

regards​

ah cheers mate, i have piped the lights in 25mm plastic pipe along the halls and wired the stairs separate but someone today mentioned that they thought the stairs now had to be on local lighting circuits to avoid the whole stairwell going out under fault ???? always something to keep you guessing eh ?

was above post meant for me ?
issue is with circuits not with switching mate
and for the record all lights are on pir`s
cheers

Last edited:
well long as you installed maintained lighting , you cover it wither way if a fault.. i just cut and paste that from a different thread . when you type a thread/post normally at the bottom of page similar posts come up....

Reply to stairway lighting circuits in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock