Discuss Storing Battery Storage Systems safely in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, apologies if this has been covered before, had a search but didn't come up with anything.

Score is were installing a Sunny Island unit next month on a pre existing pv system. I'm happy with the installation as far as the Sunny Island go's and confident SMA service can help out with any snags however I'm a little concerned about the storage of the actual batteries especially as there are going to possibly be 12 units run at 48V. The owner is a farmer so guaranteed he'll be keen to chuck them on the floor in any old order (not stereotyping! :thinking:) but our plan is to put them in a metal enclosure of some sort (or get one of the lads to weld some racking together) however I'm struggling to find the requirements for storing large battery storage systems. The closest document I may have found is BSEN 50272 but at £168 id rather be sure before making the investment. Any links to useful information on the subject would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Joe.

ventilation to vent the hydrogen produced in fast charge cycles.

Also, beware the cows tongues, they'll get in any small gap for a lick or chew of anything they shouldn't. Seen a few SWA cables that had seen better days after being munched on by cows for a few years.

Who are you sourcing the batteris from? - they should be able to give you all you need on regulations etc. - Try Wind & Sun, they are very knowledgeable about all things off-grid

Trouble is most of the traders are reluctant to offer advice as they do not want the liability plus they do all the work and then do not get a sale. I can understand this! However try Merlin Welcome to Merlin Equipment if you get no joy from CCL / W&S. Anything marine is going to be installed with ultra safety in mind.

Reply to Storing Battery Storage Systems safely in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net