Discuss Strange RCD Fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I appreciate your advice, People say Im going to fast but in all honesty Im not here to "make a living" from a relatively successful electrical contracting company. Im aiming much much higher. Im not going to get there by taking one customer at a time.

Anyway Ive instructed Mods to close my account. To many threads on here wrongly portrait the OP as incompetent, not just mines. Ill no doubt start another account but certainly not with my company name on it ! lesson learned !

Very wise.

The public display here of your ineptitude, incompetence and pure bullshine cannot be a very good advertisement for your business.

Last edited by a moderator:
i sincerely hope you're going to stick around long enough tolet us know what the fault is. assuming you find it before xmas.

No need to worry Tel, Trev is packing is tester in to the van as we speak and will be back on forum by teatime to tell us what it was

Bloody Geordie fast fingers

Ohhh No , just when the series was getting interesting , means all these guys will have to start looking round , maybe you could start another one ASAP , the lads are all looking forward to it ,,,,,,

I can think of quite a few electricians here on this forum (including myself) that could and would be able to find the cause of your tripping RCD problem, and it wouldn't take them a whole day to do so either. No they are not ''superhuman'', and it's not rocket science either, it's just a matter of knowing what they are doing and why. There is nothing out there, that can take the place of experience. That experience combined with methodical intelligent fault finding, will ALWAYS lead to the fault being found, ...or at least to a localised location where access is severely limited!!

For someone that claims to conduct as many rewires and the like as yourself, how the hell have you got by without a leakage clamp in your test kit...

May i suggest this model from our forum sponsor, that has specifications equal too or better than other leakage clamp meters available at much higher costs. You'll also get a 5% discount from our sponsor too!!

TM-EL9809 High Resolution AC Earth Leakage Clamp Meter

I have isolated the fault to an area of a room but there is no access at all !

I know there is always a logical explanation for faults but given the size of the property and how unorganised it is its completely unrealistic for anyone to suggest they would find it in a day,without seeing it as they have been claiming!

Earth leakage meter is not something Ive needed before, our installs are almost all brand new and tested accordingly

As mentioned before i wouldn't normally delve into fault finding this much but I've kind of inherited this problem.

I appreciate your advice, People say Im going to fast but in all honesty Im not here to "make a living" from a relatively successful electrical contracting company. Im aiming much much higher. Im not going to get there by taking one customer at a time.

Anyway Ive instructed Mods to close my account. To many threads on here wrongly portrait the OP as incompetent, not just mines. Ill no doubt start another account but certainly not with my company name on it ! lesson learned !

so do we need to look out for a crj or rjc property coming to the forum soon :smile:

JRC might try to silence trev by giving him 1500 to keep quiet when trev finds a neutral to earth fault where a 3.5mm2 screw is touching a neutral in a socket outlet lol.

Yeah ....lol......not.

I would love nothing more than a smart arse from here scratching their head at this one !

Anyway .....guess you will never know :)

Bye.

Which JUST GOES TO SHOW that you are not actually reading the replies properly. Many, many pages ago I included a note saying that the mods could change your "name" so ask them to do that.

If you do start again under a new name, I reckon you'll be fairly easy to identify due to the way you write your threads!

Come on now lads I think he as taken enough please LEAF him alone now

This thread has now had nearly 5000 views , would you believe , seems like most could be in the north / Glasgow area , bloody hell ...

I think others have already warned you about aiming too high too fast, it doesn't seem to have registered with you too well though!! Just remember the bigger you get, the further you can fall... And that can be a very long way indeed!!

Not forgetting, that being around is essential to eventually enjoying the fruits of your rush to the top. I've seen plenty of high flyers just drop dead, due stress induced heart attacks, strokes and complete mental breakdowns!!. I'll not tell you to pace yourself because like those above you won't listen, you'll still go full steam ahead thinking ''it won't happen to me''!!

Reply to Strange RCD Fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net