Discuss Stroma Assessment completed in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Got my assessment next Wednesday any pointers anyone might have that have dealt with Stroma what do they ask of you. Etc
Pretty much the same as any competent persons scheme.
You need to have proof of qualifications, copies of the wiring regulations and amendments, access to approved document P, probably GS38 and On site guide, test meter and calibration certificate, H&S policy, evidence of work done, knowledge of the wiring and building regulations and a significant (fully certificated or ongoing) job on which to demonstrate your practical competence.
Stroma do follow the guidance closely and will be asking questions on basic electrical installation practices and requirements, questions on applicable building regulations and the approved document guidance and also questions about your own work and reasons for your choices of installation practice (especially if they are at the edges of the compliance range).
Read the intro pack and ensure you have everything available to hand at the time of the assessment and that your demonstration job is accessible.

I'm really considering doing an assessment because I'm getting more and more people asking me to do jobs that need certifying. Problem is I don't have a job booked in that I can get them to come too and if I did how would I organise the 2 to coincide?

I installed a new CU in my house a few months back. Could I use that as a way to be assessed?

I'm really considering doing an assessment because I'm getting more and more people asking me to do jobs that need certifying. Problem is I don't have a job booked in that I can get them to come too and if I did how would I organise the 2 to coincide?

I installed a new CU in my house a few months back. Could I use that as a way to be assessed?
Yes, that should be fine. The next bit is having owner agree access at the hour on the day ...

They need to see a new ring & radial circuit. I had to put a new ring in the garage and an outside light up.

Well done . I passed mine last week with stroma even applied for the trust Mark and still a lot cheaper than nic etc. Very good price for sparkies just starting out to keep over heads down
I think you have probably made a good business choice so long as you do not need the other schemes for any reason. Well done on passing.
I have just passed again with Stroma, he did seem to think I had a reasonable knowledge of the requirements and it went very well. Had been a bit delayed on the assessment date though, but all done now.

Just rang them to confirm that I'm still on for tomorrow and apparently they have no record of my appointment, been booked for a month!!! Next slot is Thursday next week:mad:

Just rang them to confirm that I'm still on for tomorrow and apparently they have no record of my appointment, been booked for a month!!! Next slot is Thursday next week:mad:
The assessor rang me a few days before we were due to meet,just to make sure everything was still ok. Hope the minor mishap doesnt put you off them, i found the whole process went well from start to finish

Reply to Stroma Assessment completed in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock