Stroma Certification Scheme Stroma Crap-Cert

Discuss Stroma Crap-Cert in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think @westward10 is right "they wont let you down". Nothing like written records I usually digitise from written records then its pretty well bullet proof. And btw, I use icertifi on ipad and iphone and it is brill! I haven't seen anything to match it so far.

I have only quickly viewed this thread, however although I pay Elecsa £500 per year, I can't really complain about their on-line certification service, apart from it was off-line recently ' Stroma's £285. perhaps don't cut the mustard?

Well I love doing EICR, it's fascinating figuring out anomalies and checking systems out. And the work that comes out of it is great for subbing out.

I'm glad for digital ones, I get a shiver down my spine recalling my apprenticeship being in the van on the way home (2hour) journey copying out test sheet after test for the sparks from scrawled up tea and smoke stained paper ah my youth
But to be fair I got double quick at them ;)

I have only quickly viewed this thread, however although I pay Elecsa £500 per year, I can't really complain about their on-line certification service, apart from it was off-line recently ' Stroma's £285. perhaps don't cut the mustard?
I don't know if it's the same as elecsa but I found the niceic's one carp.

Small EICRs are okay but I love huge sites and being there weeks on end, you end up knowing more about the system than anyone.

If this site were a retest @westward10 then already having all circuits and previous test result to hand youd only need to alter the readings. Are you on price per circuit or hourly on this large site?
No retest it probably has been done before but the old certs aren't often available. Priced per circuit.

I don't know if it's the same as elecsa but I found the niceic's one carp.

Would of thought they would be the same software, Certsure and all that. Don't do EICR's, so can't comment on them. The Minor Works is only for one circuit, EIC seems fine to me. Its simple to add test results etc. They have a help line with remote assist, if you have problems with the software, or struggle, as I have, constructing an EIC. Notification is slightly easier after submitting an EIC. You can upload pictures of the install, to attach to the cert (which could be useful for an EICR?), as well as other documents. They store the certificates, and email or post the completed certificates to your clients.

So can't complain really, would be brill if it was all cheaper mind.

I had Stroma onto me last year and their lower fees are tempting. I said that their cert software was quite key to whether I jumped or not. Their cert software downloadable at E-Cert - http://www.stromamembers.co.uk/downloads/Ecert/publish.html can be run as a demo (I can provide U/N and Password if you PM me).
The demo can't be saved or printed, so is not the full version. Nevertheless using it is enough to convince me that it's pretty shoddy and would be a lot slower to fill out than the Elecsa one I use.
(The latter is far from perfect, especially WRT the way it handles multiple DB installations, but having learnt it's peculiarities, it's much quicker to use than the Stroma software).

Reply to Stroma Crap-Cert in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock