Stroma Certification Scheme Stroma non compliance

Discuss Stroma non compliance in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi.
Had my stroma assessment a couple weeks ago and all went well except I had forgotten to arrange a health and safety policy, and complaints procedure.
Now when I applied there was no mention of these things and the only guidance I had was from my assessor which was very relaxed about it and quite vague.
Had a look on the forum and cant see any templates in other threads.

Has anyone got anything they have used?
I could at least have a little look at not 100% sure what they really want.

Where I work normally a health and safety "document" of any kind is half a tree and I know they don't want that.

TBH I forgot to fill it out on my last assessment but the fact that I had printed it out and had it with all my other paperwork the assessor was happy, so long as I filled it out after he left. I just filled out my name in virtually every field and I will see what they say next time. I doubt he will get past the first few pages!!!! Unless I get a real jobsworth, so I will just agree with him and get him another cup of tea!!!

Hi.
Had my stroma assessment a couple weeks ago and all went well except I had forgotten to arrange a health and safety policy, and complaints procedure.
Now when I applied there was no mention of these things and the only guidance I had was from my assessor which was very relaxed about it and quite vague.
Had a look on the forum and cant see any templates in other threads.

Has anyone got anything they have used?
I could at least have a little look at not 100% sure what they really want.

Where I work normally a health and safety "document" of any kind is half a tree and I know they don't want that.

When I first applied to Elecsa, I was sent various forms, one of which documented exactly what the assessor would require to see, which included H&S policy & complaints procedure. They even informed, that these documents could be downloaded from their web site. One assumes, these are mandatory documents, required as a criteria for joining a Government Approved Scheme.

Can't believe Stroma is any less organised?

Before I had my annual assessment I had an email from Stroma with copies of the docs that they wanted to see for me to print out and fill in! I forgot to print and fill them in but the assessor let me do them while he was checking other documents. I've even in the past had no health and safety or risk assessment for them to look at and they have shown me generic ones to download so I didn't get Non conformance raised against them.

Before I had my annual assessment I had an email from Stroma with copies of the docs that they wanted to see for me to print out and fill in! I forgot to print and fill them in but the assessor let me do them while he was checking other documents. I've even in the past had no health and safety or risk assessment for them to look at and they have shown me generic ones to download so I didn't get Non conformance raised against them.
Had my assessment in sept been with them a few year. Now they want all
This paper work, why don’t they have examples in a folder for us is beyond
Me!
everything im
Finding online and sending in isn’t good enough ?

That's surprising as I too have been with them for about 8 years, have the same guy out every year too, he is really helpful! Steven something or other! Never had any trouble with them at all, although I had my assessment in September as well and still haven't received my new ID card.
I will have a look for the email with the links in it when I get home, I will post them up if I can find them!

That's surprising as I too have been with them for about 8 years, have the same guy out every year too, he is really helpful! Steven something or other! Never had any trouble with them at all, although I had my assessment in September as well and still haven't received my new ID card.
I will have a look for the email with the links in it when I get home, I will post them up if I can find them!
actually I haven’t received mine but put it down to need this paper work. So much easier if they gave you copies
Thanks my email is [email protected]
Much appreciated

Reply to Stroma non compliance in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net