Discuss Stroma Worry - Don't bother, they're sound and normal and not just after you for your money! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 4632

Just had my Stroma assessment. I just wanted to put all the guys minds at ease that are awaiting theirs. Went ok and I was pooing myself to say the least. (Who enjoys being interviewed about their job and knowledge)

Had a guy called Gary who was very chilled and eased my nerves. Got a couple of on the spot questions wrong but we both put it down to nerves. (Only noted as observation on his form)

Had PL and PI certs at the ready, Cal certs and C and G certs. OSG, 7671, GN3. Had questions on a recent EICR that I carried out. Showed him PDF copies of Build regs, HASWA, EAWR, all fine. Told me to put in place complaints procedure and Health and safety statement relevant to my company ready for next year.

Only testing I did was safe isolation, Ze, pefc, Zs at a socket, RCD test.

Was ok not having proove unit, used my fluke either side of main switch to demonstrate safe isolation also he was fine with my taped up 10mm2 at the stop tap (plastic either side)

Seemed pretty confident that id passed but this is confirmed by others on a Friday he said.

I was worrying like crazy so all I can now say after its over is don't worry, just be professional and do what we do everyday (except your being watched) ;)

Just had my Stroma assessment. I just wanted to put all the guys minds at ease that are awaiting theirs. Went ok and I was pooing myself to say the least. (Who enjoys being interviewed about their job and knowledge)

Had a guy called Gary who was very chilled and eased my nerves. Got a couple of on the spot questions wrong but we both put it down to nerves. (Only noted as observation on his form)

Had PL and PI certs at the ready, Cal certs and C and G certs. OSG, 7671, GN3. Had questions on a recent EICR that I carried out. Showed him PDF copies of Build regs, HASWA, EAWR, all fine. Told me to put in place complaints procedure and Health and safety statement relevant to my company ready for next year.

Only testing I did was safe isolation, Ze, pefc, Zs at a socket, RCD test.

Was ok not having proove unit, used my fluke either side of main switch to demonstrate safe isolation also he was fine with my taped up 10mm2 at the stop tap (plastic either side)

Seemed pretty confident that id passed but this is confirmed by others on a Friday he said.

I was worrying like crazy so all I can now say after its over is don't worry, just be professional and do what we do everyday (except your being watched) ;)

I am looking into going with Stroma, how have you found them so far after the initial assessment, also they complaints procedure, is this something you write up yourself?

Yes - it's a way for folks to register a complaint and you to keep a record of them, and Stroma to review if required.

I am looking into going with Stroma, how have you found them so far after the initial assessment, also they complaints procedure, is this something you write up yourself?

My complaints procedure is something I didn't have before my assessment but the inspector gave me a form on the day which is now stuck in the office wall (and still blank )

The certificate software is dyer. I'm now looking into other software as it is slowing me down. I think it was made specifically for tablets as I am using it on a laptop. No problems as yet, it seems you get what you pay for really. Notifications are simple haven't used the technical support yet. Assessment was simple too which I did at my house after rewiring it.

My complaints procedure is something I didn't have before my assessment but the inspector gave me a form on the day which is now stuck in the office wall (and still blank )

The certificate software is dyer. I'm now looking into other software as it is slowing me down
. I think it was made specifically for tablets as I am using it on a laptop. No problems as yet, it seems you get what you pay for really. Notifications are simple haven't used the technical support yet. Assessment was simple too which I did at my house after rewiring it.
Try tysoft easy cert

Yes I passed mine a few weeks back. Assessment was straight forward and all went well.

I am doing a job at the moment and thinking of using it for my assessment. The job is moving a consumer unit, alterations in the kitchen to power and lighting. And two additional circuits to be installed. Oven supply and a Hob supply. Will this be sufficient enough for them to come and asses?

Reply to Stroma Worry - Don't bother, they're sound and normal and not just after you for your money! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net