Discuss Stroma in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Having passed the assessment
they are asking for......
complaints procedure
health and safety
risk assesement
as a old one man band, any ideas where I can get something short and simple to placate them ?
dont have complaints,
always h&s aware
dont take risks !! Lol
joking apart, any help appreciated TIA

Elecsa provided downloads on their website for these documents. As Lee says, you just add you name and amend the doc's as appropriate. I would have thought Stroma do the same? Or is that why they are slightly cheaper :)

Edit: Just quickly googled them, seem to do H&S & complaints, must do the others. Why don't you give them a ring

Last edited:
I know this has been done to death, but I still don't understand why you would want to join a minority scheme such as Stroma, which very few people have heard of, and a even electricians them selves some have not even heard of.

The cost is ÂŁ288, where NICEIC is ÂŁ410 first year then ÂŁ492, so little over ÂŁ200 more per year, ok I know its ÂŁ200, but thats one days work....

The Stroma application fee is ÂŁ340, and the NICEIC is ÂŁ540, so another ÂŁ200.

Ok so your first year will set you back ÂŁ400 more, but there after, its only 1 days labour per year more to be with the bigger scheme who the majority of people, electricians and general public recognise the brand.

My choice is to go with the bigger party, call them a scam, whatever, but I would rather be with them.

I was thinking about joining them any one got any reviews on how they are

Personally, I wouldn't go with them, I am sure they all do the same as it says on the tin, but do you want to be a scheme where the customer says, Stroma? Who's that? or potentially face problems gaining jobs because they only want NICEIC.

Make your own judgement on it, but thats my take on it.

Know what you're saying but joe public ain't heard of nic, and given that I,m JIB graded have they heard of them , napit, elecsa weren't even thought of when I started !!!

A lot more people have heard of the NICEIC than Stroma I would say. It gets much more publicity on TV, in magazines, logos in use on vans/websites etc. Daz

They might have done in the past , but why have nic joined up with elecsa ?
writing on the wall ? Had it too good for too long ?
only time will tell , will keep folk posted

health and safety
risk assesement
dont have complaints,

Health and Safty
http://www.napitonline.com/downloads/Sample Health Safety Statement.doc
just fill in the Blanks with your Personal Info, Print it off and Lam-in-at it.

Complaints
Just a little A3 Book with Complaints on it will do (well it did for Napit)

Risk Assesement.
I wasnt told they would ask for this when i did an Asessment, but was asked. As i didnt know i would be asked i didnt write one. So i Cant help you there...

As for going with STROMA, i think they are all the same personally. There isnt any ADVERTS on TV or BILL BOARDS like Corgi Gas used to a KNOWEN Mark, BUT this isnt the Question.

I made an enquiry with stroma and now get calls weekly from them to join. Was going to move from niceic but like what has already been said no one has heard of them. We're as most homeowners no of the niceic

I could be wrong here, as this is just hear say ... i'm not or never will be stroma registered so don't know for certain...

but...

I've heard lots of insurance compaines wont accept Stroma, anything council run wont and neither public schools or hospitals ... now if this is true, you're restricting quite alot of potential work just by skimping on a few hundred by cutting out NIC/ECA

I could be wrong here, as this is just hear say ... i'm not or never will be stroma registered so don't know for certain...

but...

I've heard lots of insurance compaines wont accept Stroma, anything council run wont and neither public schools or hospitals ... now if this is true, you're restricting quite alot of potential work just by skimping on a few hundred by cutting out NIC/ECA

I think that's not ture,
For one when has a insurance company said no to any thing, they just insure you, doesn't matter whom you go with.

Strong is on government web site, so for someone to no to some with them, would be more down to stroma branding its self. Those I asked my mother about the governing bodies and she only knows corgi
I world guess there are people out there who don't know the different between a person with one these groups and one who isn't, apart from the being cheaper, bet lot of the public don't even know about the reports/paper work.

But this post was about what they needed to join them

My brother works in construction in project management and he has to get the Sparks in on the jobs, and this is not a lie, but all the companies he works with stipulate they must be NICEIC Approved Contractors not another scheme such as Stroma.

my view on it is that if you are serious about your business you will go with the better scheme and not Stroma.

I would point out that there is no better scheme, they all provide notification to building control in very similar ways.

There are more recognised schemes (NICEIC), but it is only ill informed companies that specify a particular scheme, though this does mean that there is a business pressure to use NICEIC for convenience.

NICEIC have an 'Approved Contractor' and 'Domestic Installers' schemes, as well as others. I had a cold call from Stroma, perhaps they're on a recruitment dive! This post has gone off at tangent, usually does when 'Schemes' get mentioned. At least OP has his forms.

A risk assessment should be part of your H&S policy, i.e. the H&S is overall strategy, the risk assessment deals with the risks identified at a particular job. Now we all carry out a visual 'dynamic risk assessment' even when arriving at the smallest jobs....get the dog locked away, slippery patio etc. But you may wish to goggle 'citb cdm 2015'. Applies even to small domestic work. Least they do a nice app!

Am I right in thinking that Stroma is a domestic installer scheme?So why would a council employ scheme members to work in schools or similar buildings anymore than they would employ an NIC domestic installer to do that type of work?
Regards,SW

My brother works in construction in project management and he has to get the Sparks in on the jobs, and this is not a lie, but all the companies he works with stipulate they must be NICEIC Approved Contractors not another scheme such as Stroma.

my view on it is that if you are serious about your business you will go with the better scheme and not Stroma.

And yet other places avoid NIC contractors, and going back a few years ECA registration was a must.

I'm not registered with anybody at all and yet my regular customers include: 2x schools, an HE college, a Lettings agent, a west end theatre, a care home run by a big national charity. So from my experience all this not getting work unless you join the club nonsense is just that, nonsense.
Do a good job for a fair price and you will not go hungry!

Reply to Stroma in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock