Stroma Certification Scheme stroma

Discuss stroma in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LH ELECTRICAL

Are any of you guys with stroma? Got my assessment on Thursday just wondered if they was any good? I was with napit but this year couldn't afford the fees with these Electrical Trainee taking all work can't seem to beat there quotes. Been sat at home for the past 3 weeks

To be honest, I thought Stroma was just for people in Scotland. If id have known they were for us aswell, I may have looked into them. I think there abit cheaper than the other three and as you say, its blinking expensive. What can/cant you do if you register with Stroma? Are they the same as Elecsa, Napit etc, only cheaper?

Jay

But your already loosing work due to the Electrical Trainee doing it for min wage. At least with Stroma your not paying as much as the other scams. Ive been with Elecsa for just over a year and Ive only been asked once if I was registered and it went something like, "so, are you part thingy qualified??", after taking 10 min to explain that part thingy is not a qualification, its a building reg, I am now just gonna say "yeah" and crack on.lol. So, I suppose, as long as you can notify your work, then you shouldnt loose work coz of it.

Jay

Lol. That's all the government seem to do take as much off the working man and give to the rich. They should be just one registration body and free

Have any of you guys got anymore info on Stroma ? Been thinking about going with them recently, but want to get some more info first.. Are there any restrictions with them that the big dogs offer ? Or is it all the same, but cheaper ? Thanks in advance

afaik, they same as the others but cheaper. you notify through them the same. the only drawback is if you tender for work with, say, councils who insist in niceic.

electrical trainee stealing all your work, least its not all the polish immigrants getting the blame nowadays

if your struggling to find £400 per year (£7 per week), and sitting at home for 3 weeks at a time with no work, then you need to rip up your current business plan and have a rethink

theres a big hint in the part 'sitting at home' with no work, and de-valuing your image by dropping napit to save a few quid is not gonna help in the long term, most insurance companies now recognise napit eicrs they wont with stroma they dont even cover eicrs in their scope

Assuming your own prices are reasonable value then, if you are really losing work to people trained in a few weeks undercutting you, then you either have......

A, the wrong type of customers

B, the wrong image, attitude and/or approach to pricing for work

C, unable to offer anything more that a quick course installer(in which case crack on and join stroma)

electrical trainee stealing all your work, least its not all the polish immigrants getting the blame nowadays

if your struggling to find £400 per year (£7 per week), and sitting at home for 3 weeks at a time with no work, then you need to rip up your current business plan and have a rethink

theres a big hint in the part 'sitting at home' with no work, and de-valuing your image by dropping napit to save a few quid is not gonna help in the long term, most insurance companies now recognise napit eicrs they wont with stroma they dont even cover eicrs in their scope

Assuming your own prices are reasonable value then, if you are really losing work to people trained in a few weeks undercutting you, then you either have......

A, the wrong type of customers

B, the wrong image, attitude and/or approach to pricing for work

C, unable to offer anything more that a quick course installer(in which case crack on and join stroma)

When I do EICRs I don't involve anyone else expect my paper, my pen, and my qualifications....? Being in a scam is irrelevant if you are doing inspctions. Because its a report, not notifiable work. Only other requirement is PI insurance.

think you've been led down a path there.

Reply to stroma in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net