Discuss Stupid Bosses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Me and another Sparky got sent oversea to do some maintenance, which included replacing some A/C units, we had been there about 2 weeks, anxious to get home, last job was replacing the A/C units, now the bloke in charge was a right pillock, everything by the book, it got so bad that every time he wanted to see us for an update, we dreaded the phone ringing, anyhow it was apparently my turn to go and see him.
How are things going Pete? fine all done, right I want a written guarantee that those A/Cs will never break down, now me being me I thought what a stupid statement, hoe the ---- could I say it would be 100% for ever so I told him so only in a rude way, got a severe rollicking when I got home, kin idiot.

one of my bosses when I was apprentice was a proper idiot and couldn't organise a lash up in a brewery.....Would buy 1 hank of sleeving between 10 sparks second fixing on a site, would only buy 5A con block for neutrals at switches that type of thing......would ask what size tray you wanted and would come back from the wholesalers with a different size as it was cheaper even though you've marked it out ready to put up. Give him a material list for example 10 lengths of conduit, 6x1 gang boxes, saddles and box adaptors........As you hadn't listed the quantities of the saddles and box adaptors he would turn up with 3 box adaptors even though there is 6 boxes and 10 saddles for 10 lengths of conduit. He was a proper muppet and I used to wonder how he even managed to tie his shoe laces in the morning :D

luckily for me the other partner in the business is probably the best spark I know and I ended up doing my last couple of years with him.....If I hadn't I don't think I would of hacked my apprenticeship.

I remember one of my old bosses, Fred was his name and he was forever clock watching. We were working on a house conversion to two flats while he lounged about at his second home in France. The house phone rings late in the afternoon, long before mobiles asking to speak to one of the sparks on site, my mate had answered and said you are speaking to one. The voice at the other end asked what time we were working to, my mate answered "between half five and six Fred, how is the holiday going". The --- was checking up on us and used his normal voice, we laughed all the way to the pub.

Reply to Stupid Bosses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock