Discuss Suitable testing instruments in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Haydenr25

Hey guys, I need help finding out which tester you'd need to test for: continuity of circuit protective conductors, earth fault loop impedance and prospective fault current. I'm pretty sure you'd use a low reading ohmmeter for continuity but I don't know the other two. Also, any requirements from GS 38 for these test instruments? con

You should be able to find all the answers you need in Guidance note three.
This describes the tests and the instruments required.
A little bit of checking and you would have the answer.
Low resistance ohmmeter
Earth fault loop impedance tester
Earth fault loop impedance tester

GS38 applies to test instruments for electricians that may present a risk.
Generally this means that anything apart from a low resistance ohmmeter needs to comply with GS38.
GS38 is available for free download from the HSE website

most guys use a MFT for all functions. megger 1552/3 does everything except phase rotation.

Reply to Suitable testing instruments in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I’m doing my level 3 design project at the moment, and I’m on the question where you do all the calculations on each circuit, I’ve taken the...
Replies
Views
Hey there, Sorry I’ve just joined up. I’m a qualified electrician/Electrical engineer. Recently sat my 2391-52. My question is I had a fault...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would love some help understanding an issue I’m having on a 16mm SWA cable running from the CU in my house to the CU in the shed. I believe...
Replies
Views
1pm, quite happy doing my planned job. Builder then asks if I could go out to another job where the top lights have all tripped out. I like peace...
Replies
Views
Over the last few days, I have stumbled across a number of threads that seem to point to a prevalent misunderstanding. Either that, or I have been...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock