Discuss Sup bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
just carried out and EICR on a grubby flat.

One defect was lack of bonding in the bathroom without RCD protection.

I don't want to change the DB to RCD everything.
everything is wired in conduit, would I be correct in saying all I need to do is link a 4mm bond from the conduit to all the associated extraneous conductive pipes.

I think this because mech CPC has been used throughout.

Finally I can't get into the origin as the LL can't get access.

I personally have always been able to access the origin before so how would you go about it?

I don't want to sound negative but you have carried out an EICR, and now you are asking how to install supplementary bonding. Are you competent to carry out an EICR if you are asking such questions.

I don't want to sound negative but you have carried out an EICR, and now you are asking how to install supplementary bonding. Are you competent to carry out an EICR if you are asking such questions.

Well to be honest mate I was just trying make an interesting topic because I have never bonded like that before on and old installation.

It's always nice to listen to other people's opinion

You can see by my question I know what I am talking about I just wanted to know thoughts

I stay off forums generally because people like you feel good by being negative angle trying to put others down

If you don't have anything nice to say or anything constructive then don't say anything mate

Well to be honest mate I was just trying make an interesting topic because I have never bonded like that before on and old installation.

It's always nice to listen to other people's opinion

You can see by my question I know what I am talking about I just wanted to know thoughts

I stay off forums generally because people like you feel good by being negative angle trying to put others down

If you don't have anything nice to say or anything constructive then don't say anything mate
Old or new, bonding requirements are the same. It wasn't my intention to appear negative but you asked a rather basic question which I would expect from an inexperienced person.

Extraneous-conductive-part: A conductive part liable to introduce a potential, generally earth potential, and not forming part of the electrical installation (4).9 Dec 2016

Yes they are

That's the definition. But have you tested them to see if they are extraneous?

Edit; I can see one of your vids coming Pete!

OP just further to your query. I think your confusing protective equipotential bonding reg 411.3.1.2, with supplementary equipotential bonding reg 415.2.1 (think I have the reg numbers correct). Something I've confused myself in the past, until learning on this forum.

Reg 415.2.2 gives a formulae to use to calculate if a metal pipe needs bonding in the scenario you mentioned.

OP just further to your query. I think your confusing protective equipotential bonding reg 411.3.1.2, with supplementary equipotential bonding reg 415.2.1 (think I have the reg numbers correct). Something I've confused myself in the past, until learning on this forum.

Reg 415.2.2 gives a formulae to use to calculate if a metal pipe needs bonding in the scenario you mentioned.
Can't see in his question he confused the difference but you are correct.
OP are the conduits in question surface installed to facilitate this bonding.

Just wondering why he might want to bond something that isn't actually extraneous, possibly? Think you might have 'p' him off Westy, and he's decided not to post further :) Come on chris, we all have to take a bit of criticism, I'm constantly being accused of being a cowboy, can't think why?

That's the definition. But have you tested them to see if they are extraneous?

Edit; I can see one of your vids coming Pete!
No mate done it so many times, with a little effort the OP can dial this one on his own, after all google is your friend. Oh go on then

Just wondering why he might want to bond something that isn't actually extraneous, possibly? Think you might have 'p' him off Westy, and he's decided not to post further :) Come on chris, we all have to take a bit of criticism, I'm constantly being accused of being a cowboy, can't think why?
"Cowboy, can't think why", think that could be a long, new thread:sob:

Knew we could rely on you Pete. The one's by John Ward - bloody nice bloke - are good as well, got them Pete? :)
Yeah but I really like Chris, just like one of my old Tutors from the 60s, JW is good just I prefer Chris.

Reply to Sup bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net