Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Supply Kva 2bed flat in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. robo83

robo83 Regular EF Member

What would a typical kva requirement be for a 2 bed flat with gas central heating. Standard layout with nothing standing out as OTT with regards to the amount of outlets/fittings.

I only ask as i priced a job today for some alterations at a small block of flats, each flat has a 100amp fuse (23Kva), does this sound excessive?

2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Electrician's Arms

Are these existing 100A supplies and what works are you undertaking.

3. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

30A max, if electric cooking ( on Christmas day)

Why are you asking?

4. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    With gas HW and CH I'd have thought 60A fuse more than sufficient.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PEG

PEG Trusted Advisor

Is the supply via a generator? ;)

6. robo83

robo83 Regular EF Member

They are existing supplies.

I am pricing alterations, lighting mainly. I checked the condition of the boards and noticed the incoming and wondered why they had used that size fuse.

What's the next progression in learning the design stage of properties, asking such questions makes me realise i would like to lean more.

Any books that could be recommend, I see the 2396 being the course that shows up via google.

7. CIDES17

CIDES17 New EF Member

Business Name:
    CID ELECTRICAL SOLUTION
    How are the flats set up ie: individual isolators in a electric cupboard or feed direct to each dno? have they used swa with seprate earth or steel as earth and inner core ?
    most likely storage heaters or ecom seven antissipation