Discuss Surface Mounted sockets in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Trevor R

Hi

Just looked at a job in a 90 year old building - the customer wants a number of additional sockets, the only existing socket is surface mounted with the T&E chased into the wall. The room full of bookshelves all walls from the floor to the ceiling. I explained that to chase the walls etc would mean moving all of the books, and not without a little dust and disruption - he said sod that surface mount them using trunking make it look as neat as you can.

So I am thinking I can extend from the existing ring - but how do I make bring the T&E out from the existing surface mounted socket look neat? Cable out and into trunking?

Any ideas more than appreciated

Trev

straight out the side of the patress into mini trunking.

Oopps that will teach me to check what I have written - the existing socket is flush mounted not surface - the new sockets will be surface mounted any ideas on how to make that look neat?

Drill out the thread on a surface box and use extra long 3.5mm screws through the holes in the surface mount box and into the recessed one, then mini trunking out of the socket, which will make all the sockets look the same.

Suggest doing a little testing before you start. And, if your extending the ring at the socket, you could be a bit short of room (4 T+E's?)

Reply to Surface Mounted sockets in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

An odd question granted but bear with me. I've got to extend a radial circuit in a community centre to fit a new hand dryer in the toilets, but I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, question on extending an existing ring main onto the surface and then re-joining back to in-wall. Is there a ‘correct way’ to do this, as...
Replies
Views
I'm obviously still new and learning about what I can and cannot do, but essentially I want to install an EVSE at my own house for an electric...
Replies
Views
Hi, just helping someone out and apologies for the long winded post. Would like install a couple of weatherproof double sockets on the patio. 1...
Replies
Views
Grateful if someone could offer some advise, I'm struggling to find a definitive answer to this. I have a double socket, it was on the ring main...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock