Discuss SWA banjo. in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

What do you do when making a SWA gland off

• Total voters
How come he has been banned again?

And just to be clear, are we saying using roofing nuts and bolts is a no no?
yes, dont use this type

21216_P

Bloody hell! Did not know that!
to be honest i didnt at first either, a guy that used to work for us as an electrician retrained from being an engineer and he was taught that and showed me when a couple had the heads snapped off by tightening with an impact driver (i can get a 6/8mm bolt a lot tighter with my 1/2 socket set and it wont pop off)

they will still hold but im not convinced they will hold under fault conditions

I'm pretty sure that CMP glands are what we are using, but they certainly don't come with galv locknuts in our kits. As i say, it might just be a cost cutting thing they do in the UK...
the cmp glands definitely come with brass lockrings.

dont forget that each brand will do different models of them, eng im guessing your using a more expensive better gland pack from the same company

4e120991523524a04ed2a050978bf811.jpg

swa do both

c2f1da2460e986ba4a2c333b4862fe9b.jpg

I'm pretty sure that CMP glands are what we are using, but they certainly don't come with galv locknuts in our kits. As i say, it might just be a cost cutting thing they do in the UK...

BW and CW CMP glands come with galv locknuts over here it's the E1W glands etc that come with brass locknuts, if we use the CW's we always order plenty of brass locknuts to suit

If I'm honest I use m6 hex bolt , I've tried to get a hold of brass nuts and bolts got laughed out of eddies !

I've also seen on mainly caravan parks with a few swa/xlpe glanded to brass plate with i thought was a great idea
Have you guys any experience of it ? If so from where and wot thickness brass sheet do you use

Will be getting 20mm brass lock nuts and m6 nuts/bolts

The piraña nuts at great to mind

Reply to SWA banjo. in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net