Discuss SWA RP625 crimp tool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

derek

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I bought an RP625 crimp tool from TLC recently and tried it out and I have been very unimpressed with the way it crimps on the lug. Although it won't pull off, when the lug is crimped on there seems to be a gap on either side of the conductor.SWA RP625 crimp tool tmp-cam-300434684 - EletriciansForums.net I have only tested it on 16mm lugs so far so I can't say how the other sizes are but the lug does not fit snuggly in the former as I would expect and as happens with my pressmaster 10mm indent crimp tool. Also I have managed to pry one of the conductor strands out. Has anyone else had this problem or
am I being too fussy?
The tool is 6.0mm² - 25mm² Ratchet Crimp Tool - https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SWRP625.html

Last edited:
Crimpers are a nightmare, unless you spend a hefty amount they are usually crap. Ive been trying to get my hands on some fair priced hex crimpers for ages(>50mm). Unless i sell a kidney i have been borrowing the wholesalers.

I'd read some positive reviews on this site about this particular crimp tool I bought, I suppose I also wanted to check whether the shop might have got a dodgy batch of Chinese copies in, instead of the proper article. The tool I received has a square indent where the pictures I have seen of this tool on other sales sites seem to suggest a w indent. Perhaps I'll just have to buy 16mm c type dies for my hydraulic crimper. It is a bit heavy to carry around for small lugs though.

Hi Derek: You should take that back to TLC, I've had 1 of those crimp tools for years & always get good, solid & reliable crimps from it.
I bought it from our local TLC along with a load of 10 & 16mm lugs.

Well I wouldn't get the one I bought, after a bit of twisting the lugs have totally come off. I wonder if SWA have changed their supplier recently to get a cheaper version and increase their profits.

I've been using the swa crimper for a while now. I know what you mean about it leaving a gap, but I've never pulled a crimp off it. Next time I use it I'll check for loose strands though, I admit I've never thought to check o_O

Reply to SWA RP625 crimp tool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock