Discuss Switching in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

i'd split them between 3 or 4 switches. not because of the load, which is only 350w, but consider inrush, and if on 1 switch, a fault anywhere will take the lot out.

Retractive switches and a couple of latching relays if they're going to be on all day :) or above couple of circuits for a bit of discrimination so you don't lose the lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have fitted 20 7w aurora's on 1 circuit... never again...

on occasions it would trip the 10A MCB when initially turning them on.

the inrush on the LED's are high.

treat them like a 50w downlight..

Yeah il use 6a type c and thinking maybe 6 circuits rooughly 25 each ..

What about that gland ive only ever used 20w isit?

might need a 10A mate :)

and why dont you read on the back of the SWA pack.. it will tell you what size gland you require..

probably a BW32 or larger

COULD ANYONE SEE A PROBLEM WITH SWITCHEN 50 X7 WATT LEDS AT ONCE http://www.websparky.co.uk/acatalog/WS-inceptor.pdf

I would recommend a 6 gang Switch M8, not on one gang myelf, and have them on 3 circuits, 2 switches per circuit, I dooney like more than 8-10 lights on one switch myself and start feeling uneasy at more than 15 on a circuit, however in answering your question load wise no problem, but good practice suggests otherwise,JMO.

Yeah il use 6a type c and thinking maybe 6 circuits rooughly 25 each ..

What about that gland ive only ever used 20w isit?
You mentioned a 16mm 5-core that your installing.............is this to a load centre? If your going to split em up on 6 different circuits then you gonna be using like a 18 or 24 way panel?? Presume all on the same phase.

Reply to Switching in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net