Discuss tax and subsistance in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi peeps
ive been self employed for a year now,just completed my first year books ect
what i want to know is how much can i clam for subsistance,how far from home do i need to be,ive been told its 20 quid a day if im working more than 15 miles away but i cant seem to find and info.
any help would be grand.
ta.

I thought it went on how many hours you were away from home, not how far away you were. Either 10 or 12 hours was the upper limit to get the max, but I thought the max was £10, which would be put against your profit and save you about £3 a day

The distance that you can claim subsistance allowance is quite vague, I live in Cardiff and my accountant said I could claim for anything over the bridge. The amount is down to the reciepts for food, accomodation etc you collect, so get a reciept for everything

Reply to tax and subsistance in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As some of you guys and gals might know, I have been self employed for a couple of years now. I send my books to my accountant who files it with...
Replies
Views
When starting out subbying, a few people suggested to me that I should start out as ltd. As I would already be paying agencies/umbrellas £20 a...
Replies
Views
Hello experts, I am actually a self employed electrician working away 10 hours every day and I need a bit of advice from you guy please. I did...
Replies
Views
Just been discussing what you can and can not claim for on your taxes with a customer whose house i was at this morning. Hes a retired book keeper...
Replies
Views
M
I am on the books at a firm as "transport provided" but very regularly use my own car with no mileage paid whatsoever, only single time rate after...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock