Discuss Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello,

I am currently considering starting this course too starting this May (2016) through open learning. I am currently electrician trained in the Army and I'm planning ahead really, so wondering how people got on with this course and whether it is a worthwhile course to have under your belt?

What sort of doors does this course open up for you? Also for anyone that has done this open learning style how did they find it?

I am willing to put alot of effort into this and smash it as quick as I can, I enjoy being in education although can't say I am the brightest when it comes to Mathematics :)

Hi
this is the first open learning course i have done. The maths is not that hard of you put the work in to it. But there is a lot of it.

Have you already started your course?

I am currently applying, trying to write a personal statement correctly is my first challenge :)

Been doing it for a good few months now. Im about half way through my second module. Done analytical method for engineers. Now doing engineering science. I wouldn't worry to much about the personal statement though. Did you have to do the bridging modules first?

I havent been made aware of the bridging module, literally just started application process yesterday to hopefully start course in May.

What criteria is used to determine whether you need to bridging course? My maths isn't amazing but I've done alot of maths in recent years during my trade training, no official quals though apart from C&Gs quals and the obvious GCSEs

I havent been made aware of the bridging module, literally just started application process yesterday to hopefully start course in May.

What criteria is used to determine whether you need to bridging course? My maths isn't amazing but I've done alot of maths in recent years during my trade training, no official quals though apart from C&Gs quals and the obvious GCSEs

Not sure about the criteria. But i had to do it because i had been out of education for 15 years. Its not that bad to be honest just 3 quick modules on algebra, trig and calculus.

I have the same qualifications mate GCSE and c&g electrical stuff . I am having to do the bridging maths module at that start of Feb.

I have just submitted the application now, hopefully get accepted. I don't mind starting with the maths module tbh if anything It will give me a good starting point via brushing up some rusty maths.

Looking forward to doing this course tbh hopefully open a couple more doors when I get it done.

Did you photocopy all your quals for the application? How long after submitting did you get accepted onto the course?

Got accepted on the course, however starting it in May as I'm currently working away til April. Anyways I am starting with the mathematics module..

After reading through this thread people have mentioned engineering mathematics by john bird is a good book to get, Is it worth getting the Higher Engineering Mathematics version ?

Hopefully when I start I can fly through the maths module

To anyone that has done the maths module, how long did it take you to do and do you have to get it done within a certain time?

Last edited:
Hi all
After a long break I decided I had better get going again..
Completed Maths, Eng Science and pneumatics so far, now just about to start Electrical Machines.
Anybody here done Elec Machines?

Oh man, motivation is difficult when the sun is still shining once you get home from work..

Hi there. I see you have completed engineering science. Im stuck on the very last question in tma4. Its about harmonics. Any chance of a little 'guidance'. Cheers.

Anyone on here doing the engineering science module. Im struggling a bit and could do with some guidance. Thanks

hi guys just registered so fresh meat to have a chew at lol!
Im a qualified electrician have been for past 6 years so thought id up my game now and apply to do a HNC in electrical/electronic engineering get somewhere in life instead of the same old drone. Iv been accepted to do the hnc open learning at teeside uni although i have to complete a bridging module: Foundation Mathematics for Engineers, the joys! so i have paid the fee and im now enrolled starting it this week. :biggrin:

Does anyone have any helpful advice/info regarding the module? also how long should the module take to complete? was told by the uni i could start 1st module of HNC at same time as the bridging module to prevent a delay but wouldnt be able to progress to the 2nd hnc module until i have completed and passed the maths bridging module.

Hi,
Started the HNC Electrical/Electronic engineering via distance learning with Teesside uni, completed the maths bridging course and I'm currently on with Analytical Methods for Engineers TMA1 & TMA2.
Any help with the TMAs would be greatly appreciated and I can offer help with the maths bridging course if needed.
Currently struggling with time management, long hours at work and two little ones at home don't help.Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Hey Sparky2705 iv been accepted to do my HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering but unfortunately i need to do maths bridging module that iv just started today any pointers/valuable advice whats the best way to tackle it?
was told i can start hnc module 1 at same time although i need to pass it before i can progress to 2nd module, also how long does it take roughly to complete, just eager to get stuck right into my HNC.
Dave

just started the maths bridging module this week and having done the first few lessons its quite difficult. anyone got any pointers as in text books ? notes ? that could help .

cheers lewis

just started the maths bridging module this week and having done the first few lessons its quite difficult. anyone got any pointers as in text books ? notes ? that could help .

cheers lewis

Higher engineering mathematics by john bird. Really good book. The TMA questions are virtualy from the book.

What type of content does the bridging maths module have?

Im starting this on the May intake, so a heads up will be appreciated. Ive ordered the Engineering Maths by John Bird book too so hopefully start cracking through that before I start the actual module itself.

What type of content does the bridging maths module have?

Im starting this on the May intake, so a heads up will be appreciated. Ive ordered the Engineering Maths by John Bird book too so hopefully start cracking through that before I start the actual module itself.

Content is split into 3 parts. Algebra, calculus and trig. Make sure you have ordered the 'higher' engineering mathematics book by john bird. He has also published a 'basic' engineering mathematics but this course is past that level so the higher one is required.

Hi guys, Just wondering if anybody can tell me how long it takes after completion of the last unit until you get confirmation of the qualification and certificate. I've just completed project (last unit) and would like proof of the qualification as I'm in the process of applying for a new job.
Cheers.

Sparky222

Reply to Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock